Crew Videos with Discussion Prompts
Part of the Virtual Crew Collection
Student crew is only as strong as staff crew. To nurture staff belonging, school leaders are maintaining connections among staff and finding ways for teachers to process their own experience and emotions. To nurture staff purpose and agency, school leaders are helping staff lead Crew in the way students need now.
One way to keep staff purpose and agency sharp is through structured chances to learn through video that they don't often have time for. Of course, the ability to engage with professional learning depends a lot on how staff are experiencing this crisis, and we offer it to support their need for purpose rather than as a suggested obligation. If a teacher is craving some professional learning, our series of Crew videos, with discussion prompts, can be a meaningful way to engage.
Video Prompts: Staff Crew
- How can we support each other in these extraordinary times?
- What one action will you take today to ask for help or lighten the load for a colleague?
- Can we create a digital tradition that enables us to “circle up” and check in regularly?
Video Prompts: Brave and Honest Communication in Crew
- How does being alone feel to you?
- How can we be alone together?
- The “unknown” is often scary. What are our unknowns right now?
- How can we help each other manage the fear of the unknown?