Coaching Observation Tool
Use this template as is or adapt to your liking. Download the template to see the full content. Includes:
Possible Pre-Observation Questions
- What are your learning targets for the students during the time in which you will be observed?
- What have you done in the past that relates to this learning target?
- What do you expect to see students doing in relationship to the goal? (evidence/ assessment)
- What instructional strategies will you use to help students meet this learning target?
- How does this learning target support the student achievement goal for the coaching cycle?
- How would you like me/us to collect student evidence during the observation?
Possible Debrief Questions/Considerations for Next Steps
- What really worked here? How were the needs of all learners met?
- What does the evidence from student work suggest about the student achievement goal? What insights does it reveal?
- What instructional practices moved student learning toward the learning target/ goal?
- What additional strategies should be considered to address student challenges?
Please log in to access the downloadable resources.