Update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19): Supporting the EL Education Community
The rapid spread of the coronavirus represents an unprecedented and rapidly evolving situation. As always, the health and well-being of our staff and the teachers, students, and families we serve is our top priority.
Are your schools or districts closing due to the coronavirus? These resources can help.
What EL Education is Doing
- We have created an internal, inter-departmental COVID-19 Task Force to support our staff and partners.
- We are pausing all air travel for our staff through April 30. Services with school and district partners are transitioning to a virtual format where possible. As virtual services are part of our current offerings, we are prepared and equipped to make this adjustment.
- Our offices in New York City and Amherst will remain closed, while staff are required to work remotely.
- We are sharing information on responses to virus-related bullying and discrimination, including “Speaking Up Against Racism Around the New Coronavirus.” from Teaching Tolerance.
- The EL Education online store is temporarily closed to protect the health and safety of our staff. In the meantime, most of our books can be purchased at your favorite online retailers, including Amazon. While the store is closed, we can help you make bulk purchases (20 or more) of some of our titles if you use a purchase order (we cannot accept credit cards while the store is closed).
EL Education Events
- The EL Education Gala is postponed.
- The Site Seminar Becoming A Truly Integrated School is postponed until Fall 2020.
- The Site Seminar Deep and Flexible Thinking for All is postponed until Fall 2020.
See the EL Education calendar for our full list of events and check this page regularly for updates.
What You Can Do
- If you are an EL Education school or district partner, please keep us informed with any relevant information by communicating with your EL Education coach or point of contact.
- Stay informed. Like you, we are constantly reviewing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and the U.S. Department of Education websites for up-to-date, accurate information.
In the coming weeks, we will need to rely on each other, perhaps more than ever before. At EL Education, we are grateful for the dedicated staff, inspiring teachers, and committed leaders in schools and districts across the country who make up our Crew. Please reach out to us at any time and let us know how we can best support you during these challenging times.