Seven New Discussion Groups Launched in EL's Online Community of Practice
We are excited to launch a variety of facilitated online discussion groups, and we hope that you'll join the conversation on Common Ground! Common Ground is EL's online community of practice, and the perfect space for educators to share their learnings and continue to grow together.
If you attended ELNC14, you likely shared in the spirit of collaboration and courageous learning that was evident throughout the conference. Our online discussion groups offer you a chance to maintain and develop that sense of connection and excitement, and a place to continue to reflect and engage with the EL community. Whether or not your were in attendance at ELNC14, our online discussions on Common Ground offer a chance to collaborate and engage with peers all over the country.
Here is a list of the recently-launched groups:
- Supporting English Language Learners - Facilitated by Sarah Akhtar, EL School Designer
- Dual Language Programs and EL - Facilitated by Jacob Fishbein, EL School Designer
- Student-Engaged Assessment - Facilitated by Aurora Kushner, EL School Designer
- EL's ELA Curriculum - Facilitated by Christina Riley, Lead Curriculum Developer & Sarah Akhtar, EL School Designer
- Grappling with Math, PK-12 - Facilitated by EL School Designers Janine Gomez & Lucy Kaempffe
- Using Student Work - Facilitated by Willa Peragrine, Harvard Teaching Fellow
- Supporting Deeper Lessons - Facilitated by Cyndi Gueswel, Managing Director, Program Development
Each group should last about eight weeks. We hope you'll be able to join the conversation!