Post-Election Resources for Educators
This month, we’ve compiled a list of resources to support educators, schools, and the entire EL Education community as we continue to respond to the increases in hate speech and harassment that has been observed across the country over the past month.
Here is a selection of salient resources and powerful perspectives:
- Cult of Pedagogy: After the Election: A To-Do List
- Anti-Defamation Leagues: Talking with Young People After the Election
- Facing History and Ourselves: Standing Up to Hate
- Facing History and Ourselves: Post-Election Support for Difficult Conversations
- Education Week: What do we do After November 2016?
- Education Week: EL Education’s Meg Riordan on Integrating Controversial Conversations in the Classroom
- Ushahidi: Monitoring Post-Election Violence and Protest in the USA
- Models of Excellence: The Human Face of Human Rights
Are there particular resources that you’ve been using as you work to ensure that all students feel a sense of safety and belonging in your school community? Please consider submitting to socialmedia@ELeducation.org so that we can share with the entire network.