EL Education 2017 National Conference
SAVE THE DATE - October 27-29, 2017, Chicago
The EL Education 2017 National Conference (ELNC17) will be held October 27th-29th in Chicago with an optional pre-conference day on October 26th.
**REQUEST FOR MASTER CLASS PROPOSALS**
Do you want to share your wisdom and expertise by facilitating a two-hour Master Class? We’re looking for awesome proposals in the following areas:
- Culture and Character
- Diversity and Equity
- Fitness, Wellness, Adventure
- High-Quality Work
- Learning Expeditions – includes science, social studies, project-based learning, fieldwork, experts, service learning, the arts
- Student-Engaged Assessment
- Supporting All Students – includes ELL, differentiation, special education
Click here for more information on how to submit a proposal. The deadline for submissions is June 30, 2017.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AT ELNC17?
Masterful master classes
In more than 100 master classes, you’ll experience a different kind of professional development, facilitated by EL Education teachers and staff members. You’ll “live the learning” by experiencing EL Education practices as if you were in an EL Education classroom. Here’s a sample of master class titles from our 2016 National Conference:
- Creating a Comprehensive Approach to Literacy
- All Grown Up: Leadership Moves for Renewal and Revitalization
- Constructing a Culture of Liberation and Joy
- Powerful, Collaborative Mathematics Instruction with Math Circles
- Bringing the School and Community Together Around the 10 Design Principles
Extra learning on pre-conference day
If you’re interested in digging into the EL Education model, sign up for our pre-conference day offerings which include EL Education school visits and slate of other full-day workshops. Examples from last year include:
- Challenging, Engaging, and Empowering Students with Deeper Instruction led by our Chief Academic Officer Ron Berger.
- A humanities or science-focused ”slice” of a EL Education learning expedition. Slices allow participants to “live the learning” by studying a local topic.
- A “sneak peek” of our K-2 comprehensive literacy curriculum.
Inspiring keynote speakers
EL Education’s keynote speakers complement your learning experience. Opening session features a speaker who inspires and provides insights about teaching and learning. Closing session spotlights students who share their experiences in an EL Education school and how their work benefits their communities.
Exemplary school projects
Looking for inspiration to make your classroom come alive? Want to see exactly what EL Education students are creating? Walk through our mini-museum of high quality student work from EL schools nationwide and see what is possible! We have over 300 projects just like these to inspire and excite on our Models of Excellence: Center for High Quality Student Work site.
A gathering of passionate educators connected by a shared vision of what education can and should be for all students.
Experience more of our annual gathering with these 2016 video highlights:
- Keynote by Harborside Academy students on their ethic of service.
- Klingenstein Teacher Award honoree Chris Dolgos of Genesee Charter School in Rochester, NY.
- Silverberg Leadership Award honoree Derek Pierce of Casco Bay High School in Portland, ME.