EL Announces Launch of Newsletter With Call for Article Ideas
All Call for Articles - January 18
EL is thrilled to announce the launch of The Signpost, a newsletter dedicated to sharing resources, practical advice, and intelligent and informed commentary. This newsletter is part of EL's campaign to give national prominence and voice to EL educators and staff as educational innovators and master EL practitioners. Most of the content will be written by EL educators for EL educators and will spotlight the very best practices and practitioners from across our network.
EL is planning an inaugural issue to be published in the spring and needs your help. We know the best stories come from our schools and need your ideas. Here are the details:
First Issue Details – special pre-National Conference issue on “Getting Smart to Do Good”
- Feature Article: building student capacity to work on real world issues and needs
- Feature Article: a case study of a class or school project that had real world impact
- Feature Student Work: student work that shows high-quality and real world impact
- Student Voice: what does it mean to be a citizen scholar?
- From Our Schools: news clippings from schools on the theme of “Getting Smart to Do Good"
Three Great Ways to Contribute:
- Post this announcement on your school website, staff room wall, or email server list.
- Think about colleagues who might have article ideas. Nominate potential writers by contacting Todd Felton. (Click on his name at the top of this blog post)
- Write an article yourself. Contact Todd Felton to outline your idea. (Click on his name at the top of this blog post)
Inaugural issue articles ideas due January 18, 2012