2014 Silverberg Leadership Award Call for Nominations
We are now accepting nominations for our first annual Silverberg Leadership Award, which recognizes excellence in school leadership. The 2014 award comes with a cash prize and will be presented at EL's National Conference in Boston in December. Nominations should be submitted by teachers and are due June 2nd.
The Silverberg Leadership Award will be given to an exemplary school leader who has successfully impacted student achievement outcomes through a deep implementation of the EL model. Nominees should have inspired teachers, administrative staff, and students to embrace EL culture, enabling every student to reach his or her potential through a focus on academics, character, and civic responsibility. The nominated school leader should:
- Catalyze positive leadership as a shared function in EL schools from teachers, parents, and students;
- Inspire teachers and students to embrace the EL culture of quality and collegiality;
- Create and atmosphere of engagement and high standards for both learning and character;
- Set a "higher bar" for and recognize excellence among teachers and students; and
- Encourage innovation while providing teachers the means to explore outstanding practices employed in the EL community.
While it is almost impossible to choose single recipients from the multitude of exemplary school leaders in our community, we hope that each year the process continues to remind us all of the superb class of individuals that make us all so successful.