Silverberg Leadership Award
Nominations are now open for the EL Education 2022 Silverberg Leadership Award
Honor an exceptional leader at your school with a nomination by June 30, 2022. Celebrate great school leaders by submitting your nomination today!
The Silverberg Leadership Award is presented annually to a school leader who has successfully impacted student achievement outcomes through a deep implementation of EL Education practices, inspiring teachers, administrative staff, and students to embrace EL Education culture and to lead students to a superior education, enhanced character development, and sense of civic responsibility.
- Unite staff, students, and the broader community around an inspirational and equitable vision of student success rooted in EL Education’s Dimensions of Student Achievement;
- Engage their school community in continuous improvement to fulfill the vision;
- Cultivate a professional culture among adults that parallels the empowering culture they foster for students;
- Build the leadership capacity of others and empower them to lead improvement across the school;
- Respect teachers and other staff members as creative agents and support them as professionals continually seeking to improve their craft; and
- Ensure high-quality instruction through adequate allocation of resources and supporting structures so that all students excel.
School leaders whose schools or districts are in active partnership with EL Education are eligible for the Silverberg Leadership Award. School leaders include principals, assistant principals and other members of the school administration responsible for the entire school community.
To nominate a school leader at your school, please submit the following:
- Letter of support for your candidate. Letters should be 1-2 pages and signed by at least two teachers.
- Evidence to further illustrate your nominee’s qualifications. For example, this could be testimonials from students, parents, staff or the district. Different file formats are welcome; there is no expectation to create something new.
Email your nomination to awards@ELeducation.org. Self nominations are not permitted. The deadline is June 30, 2022.
All nominees will be sent their nomination letters at the end of the review process.
Tips for your nomination
Strong nomination letters describe how your candidate meets each of the award criteria.
Recipients are selected by a committee of distinguished educators, appointed annually by EL Education. EL Education staff are not on the selection committees.
- Nomination deadline: June 30, 2022
- Review & Selection Process: July - August
- Recipient announced: September
- EL Education 2022 National Conference: December 7-9, Chicago
To nominate an exceptional teacher, learn about the Klingenstein Teacher Award.