Silverberg Leadership Award
Celebrating great leadership
The Silverberg Leadership Award is presented annually to a school leader who has successfully impacted student achievement outcomes through a deep implementation of EL Education practices, inspiring teachers, administrative staff, and students to embrace EL Education culture and to lead students to a superior education, enhanced character development, and sense of civic responsibility.
The nomination cycle for the 2020 Silverberg Leadership Award will open in March 2020.
Silverberg Leadership Award: Criteria and Guidelines
The nominated leader should:
- Unite staff, students, and the broader community around an inspirational vision of student success rooted in EL Education’s three dimensions of student achievement;
- Engage their school community in continuous improvement to fulfill the vision;
- Cultivate a professional culture among adults that parallels the empowering culture they foster for students;
- Build the leadership capacity of others and empower them to lead improvement across the school;
- Respect teachers and other staff members as creative agents and support them as professionals continually seeking to improve their craft; and
- Ensure high-quality instruction through adequate allocation of resources and supporting structures so that all students excel.
- A cash prize of $5,000, which will be presented at the EL Education 2020 National Conference in Denver, CO.
Who is eligible?
All leaders whose schools are in active partnership with EL Education, whether a network school or literacy curriculum partnership are eligible.
How do I nominate a leader?
Please submit the following:
- Nomination letter explaining how your nominee exemplifies the award criteria. Strong nomination letters include specific evidence for each criteria. Letters should be 1-2 pages and signed by at least 2 teachers.
- Supporting artifact that further illustrates the nominee's qualifications, such as: parent/student testimonials; school climate surveys; curriculum; an article from local media etc.
Self-nominations are not permitted.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Award
The Silverberg Leadership Award is made possible by Irwin Silverberg, Treasurer of the EL Education Board of Directors.