The Silverberg Leadership Award is presented annually to a school leader who has successfully impacted student achievement outcomes through a deep implementation of EL Education practices, inspiring teachers, administrative staff, and students to embrace EL Education culture and to lead students to a superior education, enhanced character development, and sense of civic responsibility.
The leader should:
- Catalyze positive leadership as a shared function in EL Education schools from teachers, parents, and students;
- Inspire teachers and students to embrace the EL Education culture of quality and collegiality;
- Create an atmosphere of engagement and high standards for both learning and character;
- Set a “higher bar” for and recognize excellence among teachers and students; and
- Encourage innovation while providing teachers the means to explore outstanding practices employed in the EL Education community.
- A cash prize of $5,000
- All expenses paid trip to the EL Education National Conference
Who is eligible?
All leaders whose schools are in active partnership with EL Education, whether a school design or literacy curriculum partnership.
Nominations for the 2018 Silverberg Leadership Award are now closed.
The award will be presented at the EL Education 2018 National Conference in Philadelphia, November 9-11.
For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Silverberg Leadership Award is made possible by Irwin Silverberg, Treasurer of the EL Education Board of Directors.
2017 Silverberg Award Winner
, Head of School of Polaris Charter Academy
“Most of what I know about being a leader I have learned from the true leadership of my school, my students.”