- Partner Schools
- Washington, DC.
Two Rivers Public Charter School - Elementary Special Education Teacher (SY20-21)
Two Rivers Public Charter School is looking for dynamic, dedicated, special education teachers to become part of a vibrant educational community. This posting is to create a pool of applicants for 2020-2021 school year.
About Two Rivers
Two Rivers Public Charter School serves a diverse group of over 900 students in preschool through eighth grade. Staff at Two Rivers create an exciting educational environment in which students and staff become a community of learners on a journey of discovery. Two Rivers uses Expeditionary Learning, an educational model that emphasizes interactive, hands-on, project-based learning. The school focuses on the whole child, recognizing the importance of character education and the social-emotional needs of children while helping them achieve academic excellence.
The Two Rivers staff share a strong belief that all children can learn and be high achievers. The curriculum at Two Rivers is rigorous, standards-based, and provides opportunities for students to excel in all areas. An integrated arts program and a content-based Spanish program augment the school’s demanding academic program. These elements come together through learning expeditions that allow students to incorporate and apply their classroom learning through real-world experiences.
For more information about Two Rivers, please visit tworiverspcs.org and learnwithtworivers.org.
Staff at Two Rivers are part of an energetic and caring team devoted to creating an incredible school. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities/ skills:
- Demonstrated ability to develop differentiated lesson plans and use instructional tools to meet the needs of students with learning challenges
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with general education teachers and other service providers to ensure the academic and social growth of students
- Demonstrated ability to teach in ways that are interactive, hands-on, project-based, and promote self-discovery and critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to guide students to achieve high academic expectations
- Clear understanding of curriculum, instruction, and child development
- Commitment to meet the needs of every child in a diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to establish an effective and efficient classroom culture
- Capability to nurture students and work collaboratively with families
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Commitment to develop and contribute to a community of educators
- Flexibility, commitment, and enthusiasm
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive package of benefits.
Two Rivers is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
For a complete description of this position, and to apply, please visit tworiverspcs.org/careers.