- Partner Schools
- Leadership and Instructional Positions
- Washington, DC
Director of Finance and Business Operations
Two Rivers is seeking a Director of Finance and Business Operations. The Director of Finance and Business Operations sets and communicates financial management strategy, manages the budget and daily finance and business operations, and collaborates with external finance and accounting vendors and internal cross-departmental teams to realize organizational priorities. The Director of Finance is a critical thought partner to the Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director, School and Academic teams, and Treasurer of the Board of Trustees. Two Rivers is committed to developing a strong internal talent pipeline and ideally the candidate has the interest and capacity to serve as the financial leader of the organization in the future.
For more information about this positions and to apply, please visit tworiverspcs.org/careers.
Finance Strategy and Planning
- Lead fiscal planning and implementation of annual budget
- Analyze key metrics to inform organizational decision-making
- Develop financial policies and protocols
- Direct preparation and transmission of financial statements, annual audit and tax filings, and financial and business compliance reports to banks and city, state, and federal agencies
- Direct financial reporting for federal and state grant activities
- Lead procurement and compliance activities of organization
- Responsible for implementation of accounting processes and controls
- Manage purchasing and cash management activities
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to set and manage internal budgets
- Ensure that construction and real estate projects are financed in ways that assure the long-term financial health and viability of the organization
- Manage capital portfolio
- Collaborate with operations team to develop and implement capital needs plans
- Belief in the Two Rivers mission and educational model
- Demonstrated experience in mission-based budgeting and strategic planning
- MBA, CPA, MS/MA Economics, or other applicable advanced degree
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience, preferably in a school setting
- Financial modeling expertise, advanced Excel skills, and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong functional expertise in financial operations: planning and budgeting, facilities finance, financial modeling, financial statements, cash management
- Candidate must demonstrate solid mathematical ability, critical thinking, and organizational skills with close attention to detail
- Strong demonstrated writing skills
- Experience in collaborating with cross-department teams to achieve common goals
- Personal sense of investment in the quality of work product
- Ability to lead and develop a productive and positive team
About Two Rivers
Two Rivers Public Charter School serves a diverse group of learners across three locations in Wards 5 and 6 in Washington, DC. Staff at Two Rivers create an exciting educational environment in which students and staff become a community of learners on a journey of discovery. Two Rivers uses the EL Education model, which emphasizes interactive, hands-on, project-based learning. The school focuses on the whole child, recognizing the importance of character education and the social-emotional needs of children while helping them achieve academic excellence.
The Two Rivers staff shares a strong belief that all children can learn and be high achievers. The curriculum at Two Rivers is rigorous, standards-based, and provides opportunities for students to excel in all areas. An integrated arts program and a content-based Spanish program augment the school’s demanding academic program. These elements come together through learning expeditions that allow students to incorporate and apply their classroom learning through real world experiences. The mission of Two Rivers is to nurture a diverse group of students to become lifelong, active participants in their own education, develop a sense of self and community, and become responsible and compassionate members of society.
For more information about these positions and to apply, please visit tworiverspcs.org/careers.
Two Rivers Public Charter School is seeking dynamic, dedicated lead teachers to become part of a vibrant educational community. This position is posted to created a pool of applicants for SY19-20. For more information about this positions and to apply, please visit tworiverspcs.org/careers.