- Partner Schools
- Washington, DC
Two Rivers Public Charter School is seeking a dynamic, dedicated, flexible English Language Learner teacher to become part of a vibrant educational community.
Two Rivers Public Charter School serves a diverse group of 900 students in preschool through eighth grade. Staff at Two Rivers create an exciting educational environment in which students and staff become a community of learners on a journey of discovery. Two Rivers uses Expeditionary Learning, an educational model that emphasizes interactive, hands-on, project-based learning. The school focuses on the whole child, recognizing the importance of character education and social-emotional needs of children while helping them achieve academic excellence.
The Two Rivers staff share a strong belief that all children can learn and be high achievers. The curriculum at Two Rivers is rigorous, standards-based, and provides opportunities for students to excel in all areas. An integrated arts program and a content-based Spanish program augment the school’s demanding academic program. These elements come together through learning expeditions that allow students to incorporate and apply their classroom learning through real-world experiences.
For more information about Two Rivers, please visit tworiverspcs.org and learnwithtworivers.org.
Staff at Two Rivers are part of an energetic and caring team devoted to creating incredible schools. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities/skills:
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess the need for language support services for English Learners and to deliver high quality English language instruction and interventions programming
- Experience in providing guided reading and vocabulary instruction
- Demonstrated ability to guide students to achieve high academic expectations
- Clear understanding of curriculum, instruction, and child development
- Ability to coach and support teaching staff in supporting ELL students through classroom modifications/accommodations, and other teaching tools
- Highly organized
- Demonstrated commitment to meet the needs of every child in a diverse population
- Ability to work on an interdisciplinary team including classroom teachers and special education teachers
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and commitment
- Prior experience in screening English Learners and administering the ACCESS test is preferred
Two Rivers values its team of amazing educators. Teachers at Two Rivers receive:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The support of a welcoming and appreciative group of families
- A class of students who are eager to learn and grateful for their school
- A leadership team that values teachers and provides feedback, encouragement, and accountability
- An administrative team that provides support for children with challenges
- Professional growth opportunities on-site and off-site
- Membership in a professional learning community that will challenge and excite eager educators—the staff’s work was featured in the book Data Wise in Action from Harvard University
- A strong, established school culture that supports academic and social learning
- Fun colleagues—people who care about their work, work hard, and want to have a good time while they’re doing it!
Two Rivers is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.