- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- Atlanta, GA
Fulton County Public Charter School
- Employer/School Name: Amana Academy
- Position Available: Assistant Principal (220 Days)
- Date Posted: May 17, 2017
- Date to Remove (each job will be removed after 3 months if not specified): July 1, 2017
- Start Date: July 17, 2017
Georgia 1st K-8 Certified STEM School and 2011 Georgia Charter School of the Year by the Coca-Cola Foundation, Amana Academy is a well-established K-8 charter public school in its 11th year serving 750+ students in Alpharetta, Georgia - a northern suburb of metro Atlanta. Amana Academy is part of the Fulton County Schools system, and is accredited by SACS-CASI.
Amana’s mission is to prepare students for high academic achievement beyond what they think possible, so they become active contributors to building a better world. Amana Academy utilizes the project-based EL Education instructional framework aligned to the Georgia Performance Standards.
Amana is hiring extraordinary individuals to participate in a unique educational program. Amana’s school culture encourages all community members to become crew, not passengers, in a climate of mutual respect, collegiality, collaboration, and professionalism.
The Assistant Principal is a member of the school leadership team. This role supports the Principal in providing the instructional and organizational leadership of the K-8 school, and it serves as a developmental opportunity that will eventually transition into the role of Elementary Grades Principal. The role serves as the school’s advocate and works with all stakeholders to create a common vision for the school that best positions the school for success and engages students and their community. The Assistant Principal also works with others to execute a school improvement plan and allocates resources to continually improve student achievement. The Assistant Principal is also committed to building a talented instructional team and working with the Principal to ensure a safe, engaging learning environment for all students.
- Drives instructional excellence and growth mindset consistent with the school’s mission and EL Education approach
- Participates in the supervision and evaluation of professional and classified personnel (in particular lower elementary grades)
- Builds an environment that fosters collaboration and continuous improvement
- Manages school financial, physical, and personnel resources to support optimal instruction
- Serves as school’s advocate and regularly communicates with all stakeholders, including parents, faculty, district staff, and community partners
- Conducts routine administrative duties as assigned by the Principal
- Serves as the school’s Test Coordinator
- Leads the school’s Safety Crew
- Fosters culture & character behavior norms, including EL Education, PBIS, and Responsive Classroom
- Ensures student discipline consistent with Fulton County Schools code of conduct
Master’s Degree in Education is required
Certification/Licensure: Must hold or be eligible for a provisional or clear renewable Leadership Certificate
Experience: Minimum of 3 years certified school experience required; in an EL Education, IB, STEM, or project-based-learning school preferred
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of people and to observe, listen, and provide leadership which results in the best possible teaching and learning atmosphere
- Good decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop implement, monitor, and evaluate program goals and initiatives
- Ability to exercise strict confidence in handling sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexibility/agility with working on a range of responsibilities characteristic of the charter school environment
Working Conditions: Normal office and school environment
Physical Demands: Routine physical activity associated with normal office and school environment
IMPORTANT: Please follow this format for efficient consideration.
Email email@example.com Be sure to put your LAST NAME and POSITION you are applying for in the Subject line; eg, “Smith Assistant Principal”
In the cover letter, indicate how your past experiences qualify you for this position and connect with the Amana philosophy (http://www.amanaacademy.org/philosophy.htm).
Attach your current resume.
After initial screening of resumes, the hiring committee will conduct phone interviews immediately, and follow with collection of documentation and live interviews. (For internal Amana applicants we will review the completion of their current file and go directly to the face-to-face interview.) For more information, please visit our web site at www.amanaacademy.org.
School Contact Info
285 South Main Street
Alpharetta, GA 30009