Springfield Renaissance School - 1.0 FTE Expeditionary Learning Resource Teacher
- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- Springfield, Massachusetts
APPLICATIONS: Please submit a letter stating your interest and how your background and experience fits the position. In addition, include a resume not to exceed three pages. Please submit your letter and resume to Pansy James, HR Specialist, Human Resources Department, 1550 Main Street, P.O. Box 1410, Springfield, MA 01103-1410 by June 23, 2011.
(please include the posting number located in the upper left corner)
FUNDING: General Fund, Magnet Grant & Nellie Mae Catalyst for Change Grant
DEPARTMENT: Springfield Renaissance School
SALARY: 1.0 FTE per SEA contract
WORK SCHEDULE: One academic year
1. Work collaboratively with administrators, teachers, EL school designers and staff to improve curriculum, instruction and assessment within the Crew program
2. Facilitate and manage materials, schedules, equipment, and facilities to support instruction in collaboration with principals, teachers, and directors/ supervisors
3. Work with the school’s college bound team to implement the college bound program within crew
4. Promote a culture of collaboration, teamwork and professionalism within grade level crews
5. Serve as an expert resource on Crew content and pedagogy
6. Promote professional dialogue among crew teachers to enhance instruction and educational practices
7. Design and lead professional development focused upon the Crew program
8. Serve as a coach for Crew teachers
9. Design and distribute guidelines, lesson plans, and assessment tools for Crew teachers
10. Lead the planning and execution of Passage Portfolio celebrations
11. Gather, analyze, and distribute data drawn from students’ Crew performance
12. Assisting individual teachers and teacher teams in organizing the curriculum by developing high quality learning expeditions; in depth, project-based investigations aligned with standards
13. Work collaboratively with staff and community contacts to design, implement and oversee Intensives offerings for students
14. Assist individual teachers and teacher teams in effective assessment by developing and executing high quality assessment plans and implementing effective standards based grading and reporting tools.
15. Provide direct instruction for students up to 20% of day/week as a way of modeling EL practices. All such instruction must be in the capacity of coaching and mentoring other classroom teachers and university interns.
16. Provide coaching to help teachers build a strong culture, implement learning expeditions, and use engaging instructional and assessment practices as linked to the school’s work plan.
17. All duties as assigned by the principal
1. Massachusetts Teaching or Counseling License. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of Expeditionary Learning pedagogy and structures
3. Demonstrated knowledge of Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and Springfield district curriculum plans.
4. History of leadership in curriculum development, and/or professional development and/or School Improvement Planning Team.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, to organize effectively, and strong interpersonal skills
It is the policy of the Springfield Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender expression, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation in its educational programs, activities or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Chapter 622 of the Massachusetts General Laws, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.