- Date Posted
- EL Education
- Instructional Support
- Remote; 40% travel, (examples of travel may include: in-person meetings with potential partners (facilitating training), internal team meetings, partner events, select industry conferences to promote EL Education’s awareness, annual EL Education staff gathering).
ABOUT EL EDUCATION
EL Education (formerly Expeditionary Learning) is expanding the definition of student achievement in diverse communities across the country. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
Originating over 20 years ago through the collaboration of the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Outward Bound, EL Education's research-based approach inspires teachers and challenges students, transforming education in thousands of schools and districts across the country through a unique combination of rigor and joy in learning. Our impressive results encompass high academic achievement and college readiness as well as pride in the mastery of complex, authentic work, and the passion and capacity to contribute to a better world.
As a mission-driven nonprofit organization, we work with all kinds of schools: district, charter, elementary and secondary, serving populations that reflect the diversity of our country. We create powerful resources--including an open source literacy curriculum that has already been downloaded by teachers over six million times--and share an award-winning portfolio of educator-developed professional development and instructional resources with our 150+ school partners in 39 states, serving over 50,000 students. For more information, visit http://eleducation.org/
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Professional Development Specialist, Partnerships works closely with the Director, Partnerships to ensure high-quality delivery of contracted services to district partners to maximize impact. The Senior Professional Development Specialist works cross-functionally, collaborating with other members of the District Partnerships Team and other teams within EL (Research, Program, Product, Curriculum Design, etc.) to ensure a comprehensive and coherent approach to achieving impact goals. S/he will design and facilitate high-quality professional development within partnerships and for a variety of audiences nationally and will support Directors, Partnerships in preparing partnership staff to do the same. S/he is responsible for maintaining a high level of expertise related to EL Education’s intellectual property, facilitation techniques and instructional model. This is a full-time, national position that reports to a Director, Partnerships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Service to Partners
- In conjunction with the Director, Partnerships, support strategic planning and the development and execution of large district partnership contracts and work plans
- Build relationships with partner school and district leaders and other external partners
- With other Senior PD Specialists, organize and facilitate cross-partner conversations with district leaders
- Manage projects and/or grants specific to district partnerships, including creating in-person and virtual content, developing resources, delegating work, tracking communications, overseeing delivery, and documenting outcomes
- Lead planning and execution of district professional development engagements
- Provide high-quality coaching, professional development, and presentations to diverse audiences
Service to Team & Organization
- Contribute to the ongoing refinement of EL Education’s district strategy
- Meet regularly with Senior PD Specialists on the Partnerships Team to share information and track manifestation of district strategy across partners
- Liaise with the Curriculum Design Team to understand deeply the research, design, and theory of action of EL Education’s curriculum and instructional model
- Design and develop high-quality professional development materials that serve partner needs
- Work closely with the Program Team to create and oversee the development of high-quality professional development materials that serve partner needs
- Support, mentor, and empower partnership team staff to deliver services with partner districts
- Meet regularly with the Research Team to develop and apply progress monitoring tools and measure impact
- Support the creation and development of proposals and presentations (responses to RFP’s for curriculum, state level presentations, etc.)
- Represent EL Education with teachers and district and building-level leaders in meetings, information sessions and presentations
A successful candidate will have:
Experience & Knowledge
- Masters Degree in education or literacy preferred
- Teaching experience (at least 5 years); school or district leadership experience
- Expertise in EL Education’s curriculum materials and instructional model; curriculum design experience preferred
- Knowledge of best instructional practice specifically in K-8 literacy
- Experience with leading /coordinating school- or district-wide implementation of literacy curricula
- Experience successfully planning complex, long-term projects
- A track record of strong facilitation of professional development
- Experience in creation of professional development agendas and content
Attributes & Skills
- Passion for EL Education’s mission
- Unequivocal conviction that EL’s curriculum will help fulfill on our mission and support student achievement
- Able to quickly develop relationships based on trust with team members and partners
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial, and flexible professional orientation to work
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (phone, email, video conference, etc.)
- Expertise with a wide variety of online tools and programs (Google suite, Adobe Connect, Zoom, etc.)
- Ability to travel frequently between district partners
Travel will be required up to 40%
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a wide variety of benefits, including paid-time-off, 403b match, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter in MS Word or PDF format by applying on our website. In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL Education will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin or citizenship status, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy and parental status, HIV status, gender identity and expression, status with regard to public assistance, status as a veteran, or physical or mental disability or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor