- EL Education
- New York
- National HQ
- New York City, NY
ABOUT EL EDUCATION
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
For more information, visit ELeducation.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Financial Analyst is an integral part of the Finance Team. The position is a newly created cross-functional role designed to support EL’s Finance and Business Planning Teams with data analysis, reporting (internal and external), systems innovation and business process improvement. We are looking for a customer-oriented, collaborative, data-driven, project management guru to join our team as we continue to support the EL Education organization’s mission.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Accounting & Finance, this role is located in New York City and requires some travel to EL’s satellite offices and partner schools.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compile and analyze financial data to drive enhanced business decision-making.
- Create dashboards and stories that characterize the key metrics for the Board and senior management
- Connect financial data and analysis with other organizational systems
- Lead, analyze, and make recommendations to innovate critical business processes (for example: customer contracting and billing)
Financial Modeling/Business Simulation
- Develop financial models to support short and long term strategic planning
- Create external facing materials for different audiences (Board, senior management, external funders)
- Maintain and update approved models throughout their life span
Develop and publish business reporting for leadership team and other key stakeholders
- Leverage internal systems and tools (e.g. Financial Edge, Salesforce) to create clear and actionable weekly and monthly reports.
- Analyze data and trends to identify additional opportunities for reporting
- Maintain high-level data repository for on-demand reporting
Information Technology Operations
- Serve as organizational thought leader regarding optimal data architecture strategies across the organization (business data, customer data, financial data); partner with internal teams to ensure coherence and integration of data across platform
- Create, maintain and publish data business rules; partner with internal colleagues to ensure alignment of data rules across various platform
- Manager outsourced IT functions (mainly outsourced Help desk vendor) to ensure continuity and high quality internal customer support; partner with vendor to select best in class technology solutions for internal customer usa
- Lead or co-lead internal data/systems integration projects, as needed
Other duties as assigned
- Travel will be required up to 30%. Examples include: internal meetings with customer-facing/field teams, annual employee meeting for EL staff, regional and national customer events, etc.
An ideal candidate for the Senior Financial Analyst position will have a proven track record of effectively managing cross-functional projects and complex large scale procurement processes. Ideal candidates will have a sincere interest in the mission of EL Education in addition to the following:
- 4-year college degree in business, marketing, economics or education-related field 5+ years of experience in project management across multiple business units of a company or organization
- 5+ years business/data/financial modeling skills
- 5+ years of experience developing and implementing systems and structures to solve complex problems
- 5+ years of experience in school and/or district environments
- 2+ years of experience using Salesforce, or similar Client Relationship Management Tool (CRM), a plus
- Experience preparing presentations for Board meetings and or external high stakes audiences
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills including persistent attention to details and the ability to develop systems for tracking and organizing these details
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams across the organization, especially in a geographically dispersed/remote work environment
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task (as needed) and handle the juggling priorities
- Flexibility to adapt and adjust procedures in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to quickly build relationships with clients and colleagues to achieve objectives
- Sense of humor; willingness to have fun in a team-based work environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Google Apps (Gmail, Google hangout, Google drive)
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems (e.g. Salesforce), strongly preferred
- Knowledge of database systems, a plus
- Willingness to travel (required ~10-15%) mostly to internal team meetings and external partner events
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. EL offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter with your salary requirements in MS Word or PDF format by applying on our website. In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for (Senior Financial Analyst) and how you heard of the job opening at EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL Education will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor