Rocky Mountain School of Expeditionary Learning (RMSEL) Four Part-time Educational Assistant Positions Available (20 hours per week)
- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- Educational Assistant
RMSEL is a public, K-12 school of choice serving students from five Denver-area school districts: Aurora, Cherry Creek, Denver, Douglas County, and Littleton. The school, founded in 1993, is a learning community designed around multidisciplinary, integrated learning expeditions. Expeditionary Learning places emphasis on high academic achievement as well as on character development. We believe that, given the right support and a caring and compassionate learning environment, all students can and want to learn. Our standards-based portfolio assessment system makes explicit the criteria by which success can be measured and documents the accomplishment of high academic and character standards.
All staff at RMSEL are expected to participate in a community of shared leadership—teaching and caring for students and leading students in service, travel, and fieldwork.
RMSEL is seeking applications for four 20-hour per week Educational Assistants for the 2017-2018 school year to support:
- One kindergarten classroom
- One first grade classroom
- One blended second and third grade classroom
- Two blended fourth and fifth grade classrooms (time is split between the two classrooms)
- Clerical support
- Support with general classroom climate
- Individual and group teaching
- Planning and supervision of daily/overnight adventure activities and daily fieldwork
- Lunchroom and playground supervision
- Interest in Expeditionary Learning
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Preference given to candidates pursuing a teaching career
Compensation: $11.25/hour; no benefits
Deadline: Apply as soon as possible – Qualified candidates will be contacted on an on-going basis
- K, 1, and 2/3 position hours are Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- 4/5 position hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Additional hours may be requested for daily fieldwork and/or overnight adventure trips, and will result in additional compensation.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, a resume, and two professional references (letters preferred) directly to RMSEL via email to Marci Elder at: email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls!