- EL Education
- Amherst, MA / New York, NY
ABOUT EL EDUCATION
EL Education is a leading K-12 education non-profit that is meeting the national challenge to raise student achievement. Combining challenging work with the joy of discovery and pride in mastery, EL offers the education we would want for every child: one that prepares citizens with both the skills and the character necessary for success throughout college, work and life.
Our portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on 20+ years of success in more than 160 EL schools, serving 4,000 teachers and 53,000 students in 31 states and Washington D.C. Based on founding principles of meaningful work, character and respect for teachers, EL’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement, regardless of student background.
In addition to success on standardized tests, EL students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
EL Education is seeking a Research Associate who will work under the supervision of the Director of Research on a variety of research and data-related projects. Candidates should be excited to help EL Education and its school partner organizations use data in meaningful ways to support strategic action and decision-making.
We are expanding the definition of student achievement in diverse communities across the country. We need your talents and skills to help create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Manage process for creating, distributing, analyzing, and reporting survey data across several projects
- Manage and fulfill incoming quantitative data analysis and reporting requests, including the creation of presentations and dashboards for external audiences
- Oversee and contribute to data collection for student outcome data, including gathering data from state education websites
- Manage the use of EL Education’s Dimensions data platform for data collection and reporting, including providing training, controlling access, and ensuring data quality and security
- Collaborate and communicate with multiple internal teams that need data for planning and decision making
- Oversee relationships with external vendors such as survey platform providers e.g. Qualtrics, and Survey Monkey
- Gather and summarize research on EL Education related approaches and practices
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field (Advanced degree preferred.)
- Quantitative analysis skills including interpretation and presentation of data, including trend identification.
- Two years or more of relevant work experience including data analytics, data management, data presentation and analytic project management
- Competence in Excel and familiarity with data analysis or dashboard creation tools
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Gmail, Hangouts, Google docs, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, including prioritizing requests from multiple departments and tracking work to completion
- Excellent communication, collaboration, organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude, adaptable to change, with strong critical thinking skills
- Deep interest in educational issues, social justice and equity and passion for EL Education’s mission
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a wide variety of benefits, including paid-time- off, 403b match, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, and more.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter in MS Word or PDF format by applying on our website.
In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL Education will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE VEVRAA Federal Contractor