- EL Education
- New England
- Amherst, MA
ABOUT EL Education
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
For more information, visit ELeducation.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Program Support Associate is a vital member of the Program team at EL Education and is responsible for the procurement, fulfillment and shipment of high quality materials, supplies and equipment to training sites across the country. We are looking for a detail oriented, solution-oriented, flexible and collaborative team member who has a passion for organization and efficiency. This role will work closely with EL Education’s customer facing coaches/teams who deliver high impact training (i.e. professional development) to teachers and school/district leaders. The position reports to the Director, Program Operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
Order, prepare, and ship all copy and supply needs for Professional Development events:
- Coordinate with EL Education staff facilitators to gather, format, and provide quality control for all materials (e.g., Participants’ Notebooks, handouts) for Network Institutes, Curriculum and Professional Services, National Conference, and Staff Gathering
- Support EL Education staff facilitators in navigating/ordering materials from contracted printing service, ensuring that all materials are updated/uploaded properly in vendor platform
- Communicate with contracted printing service to ensure that all print materials arrive to each training location on time
- Work with EL Education staff to order all supplies (e.g., AV equipment, books, chart paper, markers, sticky notes, etc.)
- Organize, ship, and track all supplies for professional development events
- Manage inventory of fixed and consumable supplies needed for internal and external events
Support EL Education’s annual National Conference (external customer/partner event):
- Work closely with a contracted printing service to prepare all print materials for the annual National Conference, including print materials for EL Education staff who facilitate courses
- Work with a team to ensure that all print materials, supplies, and equipment are shipped to the National Conference shipping site, and secure moving company to transport materials to conference site
- Arrive at National Conference as part of the advance team in order to orchestrate distribution of materials, supplies, and equipment prior to and during the conference
- Ensure that all supply needs are met throughout the Conference and that any surplus is returned to the appropriate office(s) and staff members
Manage supplies and materials inventory in the EL Education Amherst Office:
- Maintain inventory for EL Education’s online store in collaboration with Publications and Communications teams
- Fulfill orders for publications and store items placed through the online store or by purchase order
- Manage financial record keeping for online orders
- Provide books and “welcome” materials (e.g. name tag, EL-branded items) to new EL Education staff members as part of their onboarding experience
- Work with finance department and appropriate staff members on billing, invoices, inventory, and tracking of expenditures related to supplies, materials, and books
- Order office supplies for the EL Education Amherst office and manage office shipping needs, including overseeing relationships with shipping companies
Provide in-person logistics support for large-district Curriculum Implementation events:
- Arrive early at professional development sites, ensure that materials and supplies have arrived and organize them in staff work space
- Oversee unpacking and organizing materials for distribution to participants
- Assist in securing logistics for staff at events (i.e., reviewing room setup, coordinating meal reservations for staff, etc.)
- A successful candidate will have:
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Strong computer skills, including competency in Microsoft Office programs and Google applications, Must be willing to learn Adobe Acrobat and other applications as needed.
- Excellent eye for detail in the creation of high-quality, consistently branded organizational resources
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and passion for efficient logistics
- Ability to collaborate across different teams in the organization to meet a wide variety of evolving needs
- A proven track record of managing multiple complex tasks and timelines independently and proactively, with stellar results
- An exceptional ability to advance plan, meet deadlines, track details, and achieve accuracy
- Ability to keep financial records, including maintaining inventory, invoicing, tracking, and communicating with Finance Team
- Experience managing vendor relationships preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest in and passion for education reform preferred
- A high degree of efficiency, integrity, flexibility, problem-solving, and good humor
- Availability and willingness to ebb and flow with high-intensity work flow
- Ability to regularly lift boxes of approximately 30 lbs.
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours as needed (occasional travel on weekends) and must have a valid Driver’s License.
This position requires some travel; possibly up to 30% on average. Specifically, it will require higher travel (up to 40-50%) during our peak season (typically summer and fall for our annual National Conference event).
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter in MS Word or PDF format by applying on our website. by applying on our website. In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for “Program Support Associate” and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor