- EL Education
- New England
- National HQ
- Amherst, MA
ABOUT EL Education
EL Education is a leading K-12 education non-profit that is meeting the national challenge to raise student achievement. Combining challenging work with the joy of discovery and pride in mastery, EL offers the education we would want for every child: one that prepares citizens with both the skills and the character necessary for success throughout college, work, and life.
Our portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on 20+ years of success in more than 160 EL schools, serving 4,000 teachers and 53,000 students in 31 states and Washington D.C. Based on founding principles of meaningful work, character and respect for teachers, EL’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement, regardless of student background.
In addition to success on standardized tests, EL students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a half-time position that will work as part of the Program Support and Logistics subgroup of EL Education’s Program Team, and will collaborate with the Program Support Associate to procure, organize, and ship materials and supplies to training sites across the country. They will assist in the preparation of printed materials, communication with vendors, and oversight of all printed materials, supplies, and related equipment for the organization and may provide on-the-ground logistics support for large events. This position reports to the Associate Director of Professional Development Offerings and has the possibility to transition into a full-time position in the future.
Specific responsibilities include:
Assisting with Copies and Supplies for Professional Development Events:
- Apprentice to the Program Support Associate regarding existing systems and structures.
- Coordinate with EL Education staff facilitators and project managers to gather, format, and provide quality control for all materials (e.g., participant’s notebooks, handouts).
- Support EL Education staff in navigating/ordering materials from contracted printing service, ensuring that all materials are updated/uploaded properly in vendor platform.
- Work with EL Education staff to order all supplies (e.g., AV equipment, books, chart paper, markers, sticky notes, etc.).
- Organize, ship, and track supplies sent to trainings.Co-manage (alongside Program Support Associate) inventory of consumable supplies.
- Communicate with Finance department on billing, invoices, inventory, and tracking of expenditures.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of online document storage (Google Drive, Dropbox) for materials used in trainings.
Provide In-Person Support for Large Events:
- Ensure that on-site materials and supplies have arrived and organize them in the designated work space for distribution to participants.
- Become familiar with the content of and supporting materials for our standard institutes.
- Assist in securing logistics for staff at events (i.e., reviewing room setup, coordinating meal reservations for staff, etc.).
- Supervise the return shipping of any leftover materials to office inventory.
- Support National Conference and large-district Curriculum launches.
- Assist in fulfillment of EL Education online store orders and purchase orders.
- Offer support to field staff in creation of EL materials according to the organization’s branding guidelines.
- Support special projects handled by various departments with merchandise/shipping needs.
A successful candidate will have:
- A two- or four-year college degree.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
- An interest in and passion for education. This position will have the opportunity to work with and learn from leaders in the education field.
- Strong computer skills, including basic competency in MS Word, Excel, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple complex tasks and timelines independently and proactively.
- Experience with shipping and inventorying is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, and good humor.
- Ability to regularly lift boxes of approximately 20-35 lbs.
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours and must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Experience with or open-mindedness to discussions around organizational and academic Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
This position may require some travel. During the summer, the Program Support Assistant may travel two to three times to support large-district work. As part of a team, there can be some flexibility in travel dates if someone in this position has a scheduling conflict.
Hourly compensation commensurate with experience. Given its part-time status, this position is not eligible for benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.Please submit your resume and one page cover letter in MS Word or PDF format by applying on our website.In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for “Program Support Assistant” and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.No phone calls please. EL Education will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor