- EL Education
- New England
- Amherst, MA
Part Time: 50% FTE
ABOUT EL Education
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
For more information, visit ELeducation.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a half-time position that will work as part of the Program Operations Team as needed and will collaborate with the Program Support Associate to procure, organize, and ship materials and supplies to training sites across the country. The Program Support Assistant will assist in the preparation of printed materials, communication with vendors, oversight of all printed materials, supplies, and related equipment for the organization and may provide on-the-ground logistics support for large events. This position reports to the Director, Program Operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
Assisting with Copies and Supplies for Professional Development Events:
- Apprentice to the Program Support Associate regarding existing systems and structures.
- Coordinate with EL Education staff facilitators and project managers to gather, format, and provide quality control for all materials (e.g., participant’s notebooks, handouts).
- Support EL Education staff in navigating/ordering materials from contracted printing service, ensuring that all materials are updated/uploaded properly in vendor platform.
- Work with EL Education staff to order all supplies (e.g., AV equipment, books, chart paper, markers, sticky notes, etc.).
- Organize, ship, and track supplies sent to trainings.
- Co-manage (alongside Program Support Associate) inventory of consumable supplies.
- Communicate with Finance department on billing, invoices, inventory, and tracking of expenditures.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of online document storage (Google Drive, Dropbox) for materials used in professional development events.
Provide In-Person Support for Large Events:
- Ensure that on-site materials and supplies have arrived and organize them in the designated work space for distribution to participants.
- Become familiar with the content of and supporting materials for our standard institutes.
- Assist in securing logistics for staff at events (i.e., reviewing room setup, coordinating meal reservations for staff, etc.).
- Supervise the return shipping of any leftover materials to office inventory.
- Support National Conference and large-district Curriculum launches.
- Assist in fulfillment of EL Education online store orders and purchase orders.
- Offer support to field staff in creation of EL materials according to the organization’s branding guidelines.
- Support special projects handled by various departments with merchandise/shipping needs.
A successful candidate will have:
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree. Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
- An interest in and passion for education. This position will have the opportunity to work with and learn from leaders in the education field.
- Strong computer skills, including basic competency in MS Word, Excel, and Google Drive. Willingness to learn Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple complex tasks and timelines independently and proactively.
- Experience with shipping and inventorying is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, and good humor.
- Ability to regularly lift boxes of approximately 20-35 lbs.
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours as needed (occasional travel on weekends) and must have a valid Driver’s License.
This position may require some travel. During the summer, the Program Support Assistant may travel two to three times to support large-district work. As part of a team, there can be some flexibility in travel dates if someone in this position has a scheduling conflict.
Hourly compensation commensurate with experience. Given its part-time status, this position is not eligible for benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter in MS Word or PDF format by applying on our website.
In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for “Program Support Assistant” and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL Education will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor