- Partner Schools
- Denver, CO
ST. ROSE OF LIMA CATHOLIC ACADEMY
A Catholic EL Education School
Forming Excellent Catholic Scholars and Faithful Disciples of Jesus
St. Rose of Lima Catholic Academy, located in the heart of the southwest neighborhood of Denver, Colorado is looking for a transformative Catholic school leader to serve as principal for the 2018-19 academic year. St. Rose of Lima currently serves 265 students in grades PreK thru 8. Established in 1955, St. Rose of Lima has been nationally recognized and profiled as a model of Catholic educational excellence. The driving force to our ministry is the formation of intentional disciples of Jesus, student academic and moral growth, and the development of a strong and vibrant Catholic community.
St. Rose of Lima Catholic Academy’s mission is to support parents, the primary educators, in educating and inspiring their children to love God, seek Truth, pursue excellence, and transform the world as excellent Catholic scholars and faithful disciples of Jesus. We believe that:
· We are disciples sent into the world.
· We are not passengers, we are crew.
· We are always learning.
· We follow in the footsteps of a man who changed a few fishes and loaves into a meal for thousands.
St. Rose of Lima is a member of the EL Education national school network (www.eleducation.org). Our community is committed to ongoing growth and renewal. Primacy is given to authentic and meaningful professional collaboration, professional learning, and coaching. The principal will work to support our educators in their professional growth. The principal as lead learner will work with the school leadership team to craft a vision and plan to achieve the most amount of growth in our three dimensions of student achievement: mastery of knowledge and skills, high quality work, and Catholic moral character. More importantly, the principal must work with the staff crew to foster in students a love for truth and inquiry through authentic and meaningful hands-on learning experiences that meet the needs of all our students.
Principal candidates must:
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church and supportive of the Catholic Church’s teachings, putting the proclamation of truth at the forefront of their life and ministry.
- Have a strong commitment to the importance of Catholic school ministry in the Church.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years teaching or administrative experience in Catholic schools.
- Be open to personal growth as a follower of Jesus and professional growth to be a transformative Catholic school leader.
- Be comfortable serving as the chief evangelizer and faith leader of the school community.
- Be comfortable assuming the role of instructional leader, including working with the faculty leadership team in leading professional development, workshops, and retreats for staff.
- Be willing to support the ongoing professional growth of the staff through coaching, feedback, and observations.
- Be comfortable with leading development and fundraising efforts, working with the Development Board and Finance Team to support the long-term sustainability of the school.
- Be willing to build and sustain relationships with current and future benefactors and partner organizations that provide support for the school.
- Be willing to form community with the families and students of our school, working closely with our Home and School Association and Parent Ambassador Team.
- Be willing to support the school’s ongoing credentialing and growth plan, while having an eye for future growth.
Preference may be given to candidates that:
- Possess a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 20 graduate hours in supervision, curriculum, instruction, or other related fields (or be willing to complete a Master’s degree within a certain time frame).
- Have proficiency in verbal and written Spanish.
- Hold a current, valid administrator’s license certificate or become certified by the State of Colorado as a principal.
St. Rose of Lima Catholic Academy
Attention: Principal Hiring Committee
1345 W. Dakota Ave.
Denver, CO 80223
Upon receipt of a letter of interest and resume, qualified candidates will be referred to the Office of Catholic Schools at the Archdiocese of Denver, who will provide a principal application for review and approval.
For further questions about the position, please contact Fr. Nicholas Thompson, Pastor of St. Rose of Lima, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Elias J. Moo, Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Denver at email@example.com.
To learn more about the Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools, visit our website at https://archden.org/schools/office-catholic-schools/.
The Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools are an investment in the future of our children and our Catholic faith.