- EL Education
- Instructional Support
ABOUT EL EDUCATION
EL Education is a leading K-12 education non-profit that is meeting the national challenge to raise student achievement. Combining challenging work with the joy of discovery and pride in mastery, EL offers the education we would want for every child: one that prepares citizens with both the skills and the character necessary for success throughout college, work and life.
Our portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on 20+ years of success in more than 160 EL schools, serving 4,000 teachers and 53,000 students in 31 states and Washington D.C. Based on founding principles of meaningful work, character and respect for teachers, EL’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement, regardless of student background.
In addition to success on standardized tests, EL students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world. For more information, visit http://ELeducation.org/
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Partnership Associate provides essential support for district partnerships. This individual reports to a Director, Curriculum Partnerships and supports the District Partnership Team, including managing directors, directors and the associate director in a variety of ways. The Partnership Associate supports day-to-day project management of partnerships, coordination of meetings, management of team member tasks and action items, preparation of plans and materials, and communications with team members, consultants and partners. The Partnership Associate offers ongoing data tracking supports and develops and maintains reports in collaboration with the Manager. This position is full-time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage communication with internal colleagues (EL staff and consultants) and partners
- Coordinate and support meetings including: agenda management, note-taking, maintaining documents, action steps and providing logistics support
- Manage and organize internal and external documentation related to partnerships
- Communicate clear parameters (# of facilitators, # of participants, etc.) to ensure that all details of a professional development event are tended to with accuracy
- Provide logistical support to the Director/Associate Director in planning for delivery of services including:
- Drafting and communicating details to EL staff and consultants
- Liaising with partner point person around event logistics
- Acting as on site support (i.e., transportation arrangements, meals, etc.)
- Coordinating materials’ distribution
- Gather and compile staff and consultant contact and travel information for professional development or team events
- Work with EL Education’s Program Operations Team members for a variety of details related to EL Education’s district professional development. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Vet potential venues for meetings and professional development
- Support details during contract negotiations with venues to ensure that venue provides for the needs of a particular partner
- Assist in management materials/supplies delivery and ordering
- Tracking and coordination of hotel accommodations, meeting spaces and catering, as needed
- Coordinate and manage temporary logistical personnel
- Support staff in expense reports through tracking and providing coding/categorizing of expenses for EL staff and consultants
- Highly proficient in technology tools including Google Apps, use of online calendar, MS Office Suite, and web-based collaboration tools (e.g., Google Hangout, Adobe Connect)
- Strong communication skills including internal and external audiences
- Logistical event planning for participants from a variety of settings
- Ability to handle fast-paced work flow
- Familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Basic understanding of the education profession, workings of school districts, etc
- Experience in event planning or logistics preferred
- A minimum of 2 years work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred -- ideally with background in communication, business administration or education
- 2-3 years of project management experience with increasing responsibility
- A passion for EL Education’s mission and vision
- Demonstrated experience supporting complex, deadline-intensive projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and stakeholders
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial, and flexible professional approach
- High detail-orientation
- Capacity to identify gaps or needs in a plan and propose solutions
- Desire to “roll up your sleeves” with our field facing teams and partners
- Service oriented mindset
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about the EL Education Language Arts curriculum and professional development offerings
- Comfort with working remotely by oneself and also being a part of highly interactive face-to-face events
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed organization
- Professional demeanor
- Travel will be required up to 40%
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter online (link to EL’s Career Page) in MS Word or PDF format. In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE VEVRAA Federal Contractor