- EL Education
- National HQ
- New York City or Amherst, preferred; Remote location considered
ABOUT EL EDUCATION
EL Education (formerly Expeditionary Learning) is expanding the definition of student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
Created over 20 years ago through the collaboration of the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Outward Bound, EL Education’s research-based approach challenges and empowers teachers and students, transforming education in thousands of schools and districts across the country through a unique combination of rigor and joy in learning. Students’ impressive results encompass high academic achievement and college readiness, pride in the mastery of complex, authentic work, and a passion for contributing to a better world.
As a mission-driven nonprofit organization, we work with all kinds of schools: district and charter from pre-K through 12th grade, serving populations that reflect the diversity of our country. We create powerful resources--including a literacy curriculum that has already been downloaded by teachers over six million times--and share an award-winning portfolio of educator-developed materials and masterful coaching with our 150+ school partners serving over 50,000 students in 30 states. For more information, visit www.ELeducation.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Operations Manager works Business Planning Team, led by the Director of Planning and Analysis. The position is designed to support the partnership development process and relationship management with schools and districts that partner with EL for professional development services, aligned to our K-5 curriculum products. The position provides the Curriculum Implementation Team with operational support related to developing and tracking of potential partnerships, creating contracts, communicating with clients, and ensuring timely billing and payment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Managing all incoming Inquires related to Professional Services aligned to EL Education’s curriculum.
- Act as first point of contact for new potential partners through management of inquiry emails, leads sent from our curriculum sales partner, and through conducting intake calls.
- Distribute incoming leads to appropriate team members.
- Input leads into Salesforce, our Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM).
- Report out to teams the status of leads and partnerships, and follow up when necessary.
Supporting the development and tracking of Curriculum Implementation Services contracts with school and district partners
- Respond to inquiries and maintain accurate records of client leads and updated statuses throughout the sales and delivery cycle using Salesforce.
- Collaborate with Curriculum Implementation Team members to generate proposals and contracts for clients.
- Ensure that all necessary contract documents are returned and entered into Salesforce.
- Ensure that appropriate members of the EL team, and our curriculum sales partner, are updated regarding the status of proposals and contracts
- Generate and publish reports for leadership team (pipeline, contract status, etc.)
Supporting and tracking the delivery of services
- Monitor the delivery of services aligned to curriculum implementation contracts, and ensure data entered into Salesforce matches actual service delivery.
- Meet regularly with Curriculum Implementation Team members to support the proper input of delivery, travel, and planning data into Salesforce.
Supporting billing, invoicing, and the collection of Payments
- Meet with members of the finance team after each contact is fully executed to outline the billing requirements as defined by the partner.
- Review each invoice before it is sent to clients to ensure it aligns to billing requirements of the partner.
- Follow up with partners who have yet to pay on delivered services
Managing required reporting for Business Planning Team
- Use Salesforce, to create required weekly and monthly reports.
- Maintain accurate summaries of high-level data for on-demand reporting
An ideal candidate for the Operations Manager, Business Planning Team position will have a proven track record of managing client systems to achieve business objectives and ensuring effective communication with clients. Ideal candidates will also have a sincere interest in public education and the mission of EL Education.
- 4-year college degree in business, marketing, economics or education-related field
- Experience developing and implementing systems and structures to solve complex problems
- Experience providing proactive communication and related services to clients
- Experience using Salesforce, or similar Client Relationship Management Tool (CRM)
- Experience managing the contracting process with school districts, charter management organizations, or government organizations.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Persistent attention to details and the ability to develop systems for tracking and organizing these details
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams across the organization
- Flexibility to adapt and adjust procedures in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to quickly build relationships with clients and colleagues to achieve objectives
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Word/Excel/Powerpoint and Google Apps (gmail, Google hangout, Google drive)
- Knowledge of database systems; willingness to learn new technology
Travel will be required up to 30%
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. EL offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online. No phone calls or emails please. Please submit your resume and one page cover letter (in MS Word or PDF format) and identify the position for which you are applying. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor