- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- Washington, DC
PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOLAn award-winning EL Education School in Washington, DC
Middle School Inclusion/Special Education Teacher
Capital City Middle School (5th - 8th grades) is looking for dedicated Special Education Teachers for the 2017-2018 school year. Special Education Teachers are responsible for delivering instruction to identified students, including English Language Learners (ELLs) and students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), and working to develop and manage a classroom environment that supports differentiated instruction and student progress.
This is a 10-month position, which is exempt and therefore not eligible for overtime pay under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Some of the many and varied responsibilities of inclusion teachers include:
- Developing and delivering specialized instruction in the classroom during academic periods designed to help students meet grade-level standards and achieve personal learning goals
- Ensuring IEP records are thorough, up to date, and well-organized, including: parent communication logs, progress notes, and assessments
- Communicating with families regarding service delivery and progress
- Assessing student progress on IEP goals and using data to plan for instruction
- Developing and delivering specialized instruction designed to help students meet grade-level standards and achieve personal learning goals
- Modifying assessments and classwork for students with disabilities
- Meeting and planning regularly with a team of teachers who teach the same students
- Supporting students with completing portfolios and meeting passage requirements
- Collaborating with staff and students to implement consistent structures and develop traditions
- Attending a summer institute and weekly professional development with the entire staff
Compensation and Benefits: Capital City offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package
To Apply: Email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please include the position title “MS Inclusion/Special Education Teacher” in the subject line of your email. Visit our website at www.ccpcs.org
for additional information about our organization.
About Our School: Capital City was founded in 2000 and now serves 983 students in grades PK-12. In 2012, the entire school relocated to a newly renovated single campus in Ward 4. Capital City has been a model for school reform in the District. The school implements the EL Education model (www.elschools.org). Through this model teachers craft expeditions that incorporate projects, research, fieldwork, and service to support students in meeting rigorous standards. Capital City’s program also emphasizes a strong social curriculum, a commitment to diversity, a strong inclusion model and the integration of arts into the curriculum.Capital City is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions will be made solely on the basis of the individual's qualifications as related to the requirement of the position being filled.