- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- Lexington, South Carolina
MEADOW GLEN MIDDLE SCHOOL
LEXINGTON 1 FOUNDING EL DISTRICT MIDDLE SCHOOL
Lexington, South CarolinaPosition Available: Middle School English Teacher
Meadow Glen Middle is looking for a dedicated and talented middle school English
Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year.
This is a 190 position, which is exempt and therefore not eligible for overtime pay under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
The many and varied responsibilities of middle school teachers at Meadow Glen Middle include:
- Planning/teaching daily classes for in five periods per day (class size 16-26 students).
- Utilizing a workshop model to differentiate instruction and promote student engagement
- Developing and supporting learning expeditions, curriculum, and projects
- Regularly assessing student progress and using data to plan for instruction
- Meeting and planning at least weekly
- Serving as a CREW leader for 14-18 students that involves leading a daily advisory, helping to develop the social curriculum, supporting advisees with college planning and regularly communicating with parents
- Collaborating with staff and students to implement consistent structures and develop traditions at our school
- Involving students in fieldwork and service that deepens understanding and interest
- Supporting students with completing portfolios and meeting passage requirements
- Attending a summer institute and weekly professional development sessions
Qualifications: Candidates should have a Middle Level or Secondary teaching certification. Additionally, candidates should have: a growth mind-set, a commitment to meeting the needs of a diverse population, strong knowledge of pedagogy and a proven ability to work as a member of a team, strong leadership capabilities, and a commitment to their own learning.
Compensation and Benefits: Meadow Glen Middle School is a part of the Lexington 1 School district and salary and compensation is aligned with district and state guidelines.
To Apply: Email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please include the position title “Middle School English Teacher” in the subject line of your email. Visit our website at http://mgms.lexington1.net/ for additional information about our organization.
Meadow Glen Middle School is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions will be made solely on the basis of the individual's qualifications as related to the requirement of the position being filled.