- Partner Schools
- Washington, DC
Capital CityPublic Charter School
An award-winning EL Education School in Washington, DC
High School Math Teacher
Capital City is looking for a dedicated & talented High School Math Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. Capital City serves a diverse population and seeks a teaching staff reflective of our student body. Experience in teaching Advance Placement courses (AP) are preferred.
This is a 10-month position, which is exempt and therefore not eligible for overtime pay under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Some of the many and varied responsibilities of teachers include:
- Planning/teaching daily classes for students within a modified-block schedule (Class sizes-18-20 students)
- Utilizing a workshop model to differentiate instruction and promote student engagement
- Developing learning expeditions, curriculum, and projects
- Regularly assessing student progress and using data to plan for instruction
- Meeting and planning at least weekly with a grade-level team that includes an English teacher, a science teacher, a History teacher, and an inclusion teacher
- Serving as an advisor to 12-13 students that involves leading a daily advisory, helping to develop the social curriculum, and supporting advisees through regular parent communication
- Collaborating with staff and students to implement consistent structures and develop traditions at our school
- Involving students in fieldwork and service that deepens understanding and interest
- Supporting students with completing portfolios and meeting passage requirements
- Attending a summer institute and weekly professional development sessions
- Completing narrative progress reports
Compensation and Benefits: Capital City offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package
To Apply: Email your resume and letter of interest to Belicia Reaves, High School Principal, to email@example.com. Please include the position title “High School Mathematics Teacher” in the subject line of your email. Visit our website at www.ccpcs.org for additional information about our organization.
About Our School: Capital City was founded in 2000 and now serves 983 students in grades PK-12. In 2012, the entire school relocated to a newly renovated single campus in Ward 4. Capital City has been a model for school reform in the District. The school implements the EL Education model (www.elschools.org). Through this model teachers craft expeditions that incorporate projects, research, fieldwork, and service to support students in meeting rigorous standards. Capital City’s program also emphasizes a strong social curriculum, a commitment to diversity, a strong inclusion model and the integration of arts into the curriculum.
Capital City is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions will be made solely on the basis of the individual's qualifications as related to the requirement of the position being filled.