FOUR RIVERS CHARTER PUBLIC SCHOOL - HEAD OF SCHOOL/PRINCIPAL
- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- New England
- Greenfield, MA
Interested applicants may submit their applications here:https://tinyurl.com/FourRiversHOS-Principal. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
ABOUT FOUR RIVERS CHARTER PUBLIC SCHOOL
Four Rivers Charter Public School is a college preparatory charter public school with a clear mission of educating young people in a positive and engaging learning environment for lives of learning and service. Affiliated with EL Education (formerly Expeditionary Learning), Four Rivers provides challenging, project-based learning alongside meaningful character development. Located in Greenfield, MA, Four Rivers enrolls 220 students in grades 7-12. In our dynamic, collaborative school, teachers work closely with their colleagues, developing curriculum and helping shape the culture of the school in accordance with the school’s mission. Four Rivers is an equal opportunity employer and striving to be an anti-racist school.
Since its founding in 2003, the school has had two school principals. These leaders guided the school through formative early years and significant growth. At this point in the school’s history, the community seeks a leader who will bring both a deep-rooted commitment to the school’s mission and fresh eyes to see as-yet-untapped potential in the school’s systems and structure. This is an exciting opportunity to join a talented and dedicated faculty and student body to continue the development of an exemplary charter public school. Staff, parents, and students seek a leader with the vision and skills to help us live our values fully as an anti-racist school. We seek someone who will work closely with the school’s dedicated administrative team to operationalize the school’s vision and support everyone to learn and grow as healthy members of our community. This position will report to the Board of Trustees.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES - Duties include but are not limited to:
● Ensure high-quality instruction aligned with EL Education’s Core Practices, culturally responsive teaching, and accountability to state learning standards as a minimum.
● Communicate high expectations for learning and growth, a belief that all students can learn, and a commitment to meet each student’s educational needs.
● Lead evidence-based strategic improvement based on a system of collecting and analyzing evidence of student achievement in all three dimensions of student learning (Mastery of Knowledge & Skills, Character, High-Quality Work).
Teacher & Staff Development, Leadership, & Support
● Deliberately build instructional and leadership capacity among staff through formal and informal opportunities for growth and shared leadership.
● Supervise the administrative team, a cohort of teachers, and other school-based staff.
● Implement, support, and improve systems and structures that ensure fair, relevant, and timely evaluation of teacher performance.
● Cultivate a positive professional culture among adults with a commitment to continuous improvement, mutual respect, critical reflection, awareness of power and privilege, and shared accountability.
● Manage conflict constructively at all levels.
● Select staff in collaboration with other school administrators and staff.
Safe, Supporting, & Inclusive School & Community Culture
● Ensure a safe and secure school climate conducive to learning, promoting a sense of belonging and inclusion for all.
● Develop positive, collaborative, and culturally responsive relationships with families.
● Build and sustain relationships with community partners (e.g., business, cultural, non-profit).
● Represent the school to the community in media and public relations as needed.
Finance, Development & Operations
● Manage the school budget and development initiatives.
● Oversee the upkeep of school facilities.
● Report to the State Charter Association (SCA), respond to requests for information and keep SCA informed regarding school achievements, programs, operations, and problems.
● Maintain complete and accurate records as required by district, state, and federal regulations and other credentialing (e.g., EL Credentialed School) and provide timely reports as requested.
● Work closely with the Board of Trustees and serve as an ex-officio member
Authentic, Anti-Racist, Mission-Driven Vision & Leadership
● Model and demonstrate a strong commitment to:
○ a life of learning and service, modeling the school’s vision and motivating others to do the same;
○ the work of becoming an anti-racist school and has experience leading diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives;
○ student empowerment, and commitment to allowing students to play an active role in supporting the school’s vision and climate.
● Show a passion for developing staff’s instructional and leadership capacities.
● Demonstrate enthusiasm for fostering teamwork and collaboration to support excellence in teaching and learning.
● Is skilled and enthusiastic about fostering creativity and innovation.
● Show a commitment to continually seek out perspectives across a range of identities and can respond appropriately to the perspectives of students, staff, and stakeholders.
● Have experience and a clear understanding of policies/laws affecting special populations, English Language Learners (ELL), and students receiving special education and other services.
● Model a healthy work-life balance and support others to do the same.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
● Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
● At least five (5) years of successful teaching at a K12 school.
● At least 3 years of school-wide leadership experience (Assistant Principal, School Principal, or equivalent in a high-performing school.)
● Must have knowledge of EL Education Core Practices.
● Administrative Licensure preferred but not required.
● Must pass a criminal background check.
● A proven track record of leading, managing, and coaching other educators to increase student achievement.
● Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including students, staff, and families across a range of identities.
● Well-organized, skilled at balancing competing priorities, and effective at multitasking.
● A decisive leader who can make difficult decisions taking into consideration the needs of students and the school community.
● Persistence in the face of obstacles, productive problem-solving to counter setbacks, and takes initiative to seize opportunities to make a change.
● Skilled at reflecting on how to improve, self-awareness of one's strengths and weaknesses, and willingness to take responsibility for actions and mistakes.
● Must adhere to local, state, and federal covid guidelines.
● Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Greenfield, MA
Start Date: July 1, 2022
Benefits: Four Rivers offer a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, holidays, paid time off, and retirement.
To Apply: Interested applicants may submit their applications here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Four Rivers is an equal opportunity employer and striving to be an antiracist school. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Interested applicants may submit their applications here: https://tinyurl.com/FourRiversHOS-Principal. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.