- Partner Schools
- Ogden, UT
Elementary Teacher (4th and 5th Grades)
Marriott-Slaterville (Ogden), Utah
Start Date: August 13, 2018 (If possible, Summer Professional Development on June 11-13 and July 17-18)
Venture Academy is now accepting applications for a full-time elementary (grades 4-5) teacher to start August 2018.
Venture Academy is a public charter school located in Marriott-Slaterville, Utah. Venture's curriculum is based on EL Education's Design Principles and Core Practices. Venture Academy creates a positive school culture by emphasizing:
-a rigorous and engaging curriculum that emphasizes depth of learning;
-an active, inquiry-based approach to teaching; and
-a school culture that fosters respect, enthusiasm, collaboration, and the idea that with effort everyone can achieve more than they thought possible.
Duties will include:
1. Designing curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices that reflect Expeditionary Learning’s core practices and meet Utah Core academic standards.
2. Developing expeditions that include fieldwork, experts, service, and high-quality final products aligned to state standards for classroom use and to share with the EL community.
3. Formative assessment of student work using data to refine and differentiate instruction.
4. Commitment to and active participation in professional development and coaching cycles.
5. Collaborating with a team of teachers to develop programs and practices, schedules and structures that support the vision and goals of the school.
- A valid Utah teaching license or a clear pathway to obtaining licensure.
- A strong understanding and love of reading instruction, writing, mathematics and other integrated content areas.
- The ability to think about and develop curriculum that fosters deep learning around a topic or case study (curriculum is not textbook driven).
- Evidence of strong classroom leadership and management that results in clear purpose and a collaborative, engaged learning atmosphere.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Familiarity with Expeditionary Learning or a similar approach to learning and teaching is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to facilitate character and community building through “Crew” practices.
Venture Academy offers an excellent benefits package (Health, Dental, Life, 401K, PTO) and is competitive with salary D.O.E. Please email a cover letter and resume to Principal Kevin Wasden at firstname.lastname@example.org. or mail to 495 N 1500 W, Marriott-Slaterville, UT 84404.Please visit our website to learn more: www.venturelearning.org