- EL Education
- National HQ
- Remote location considered
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
For more information, visit ELeducation.org
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Chief Partnerships Officer, the Director, Strategic Projects (Chief of Staff) will work internally to solve problems, mediate and deal with issues before they are brought to the Chief Partnership Officer and act as an advisor to the Chief. This new role will be instrumental in developing and refining the systems to support impact in our work with a diverse set of school and district level partnerships, and creating, maintaining, and reporting dashboards with the team’s key performance indicators (KPI’s). This role also will serve as the primary point of contact for our partner facing team, with other departments across the organization.
Ideal candidates possess a deep commitment to ensuring equitable outcomes for all students, and core competencies in multiple forms of communication, problem solving and analysis, informal/relational leadership, and project and program management.
Estimated travel: 30% on average (examples of travel may include: Examples of travel, partner relations, internal team meetings, internal leadership meetings with colleagues)
● Organize and prioritize key information, issues, deadlines, and decisions
● Lead projects that are team wide priorities as well as projects requiring strategic analysis and data consolidation that span across multiple departments within the organization
● Monitor key performance indicators and streamline communication and priorities for the partnership team
● Build strong working relationships across the partnership team, as well as with departments across the organization to maximize collaboration, problem solving and generate solutions to deliver on impact outcomes and meet or exceed revenue goals
● Central point of contact for high priority initiatives and information requests
● Assist in development and execution of strategies and initiatives to drive team efficiencies
● Work together with the CPO to strategize and develop presentations for internal and external meetings
● Build impactful and comprehensive presentations for review with senior leadership team
● Plan, coordinate and streamline a variety of internal team meetings
● Coordinate and streamline communication structures and routines and consistently monitor for efficacy
● Cross departmental liaison for CPO and Partnership team
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
● Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills, ideally with 5+ years of experience in strategic analysis, consulting, communications and/or project management related roles
● Superior project management and organizational skills
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with great follow-up and attention to detail, and work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment
● Strong drive and high personal accountability to deliver results within tight time frames; ability to prioritize effectively when faced with changing priorities
● Superior written and verbal communication skills, including ability to storyboard presentations
● Excellent relationship and influencing skills for dealing with a wide range of issues and people at different levels in the organization
● Creative problem solver who can manage tasks and projects autonomously with minimal supervision
● Energetic, curious, self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure and in an unstructured environment
● Strong executive presence, maturity, self-awareness, and integrity able to maintain strict confidentiality
● Zeal for EL Education's mission and vision of student achievement.
● Ability to work effectively with staff of all backgrounds
● Knowledge and experience in designing and leading effective team meetings
● A commitment to respecting and increasing diversity through inclusive practices
● Entrepreneurial approach to this new role.
● Willingness and ability to travel up to 30%
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a wide variety of benefits, including paid-time-off, 403b match, maternity/paternity leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at www.ELeducation.org in the Careers section. No phone calls please. Thank you.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor