- EL Education
- Leadership and Instructional Positions
- North Carolina preferred, remote location considered
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education (formerly Expeditionary Learning) is expanding the definition of student achievement in diverse communities across the country. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
Originating over 20 years ago through the collaboration of the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Outward Bound, EL Education’s research-based approach inspires teachers and challenges students, transforming education in thousands of schools and districts across the country through a unique combination of rigor and joy in learning. Our impressive results encompass high academic achievement and college readiness as well as pride in the mastery of complex, authentic work, and the passion and capacity to contribute to a better world.
As a mission-driven nonprofit organization, we work with all kinds of schools: district, charter, elementary and secondary, serving populations that reflect the diversity of our country. We create powerful resources--including an open source literacy curriculum that has already been downloaded by teachers over six million times--and share an award-winning portfolio of educator-developed professional development and instructional resources with our 150+ school partners in 39 states, serving over 50,000 students. For more information, visit www.ELeducation.orgOpens a New Window..
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Senior Director, Curriculum Implementation the Director, Curriculum Partnerships manages a team of EL Education coaches and consultants to provide high-quality professional development and build impactful partnerships aligned to EL Education’s organizational goals. The role revolves around building and supporting a team to deepen EL Education’s impact and reach nationally including district and state level partnerships. The Director will play a key role in building relationships with strategic partner organizations as EL Education grows the curriculum support services division. Additionally, the Director allocates and leverages organizational resources to reach quality, partnership performance and revenue goals while developing and supervising a team of coaches and consultants to drive exceptional results for EL partners and clients.
Ideal candidates possess a deep commitment to and knowledge the EL Education Language Arts curriculum and has experience leading teams to achieve results in diverse educational settings.
Estimated travel: 40% on average (examples of travel may include: in-person meetings with potential school/district partners, delivery of professional development, internal team meetings, internal leadership meetings with colleagues, select industry conferences to promote EL Education’s awareness, etc.)
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
Management and Oversight
- Strategically and actively manage a portfolio of partnerships to ensure consistency of impact and quality of services through the ongoing use of evidence and feedback
- Establish and maintain partner relationships with external partners in support of EL Education’s mission
- Provide ongoing and targeted support to new strategic partners including training staff in those partner organizations
- Ensure that high-quality, impactful professional development and services are provided to each partner and client
- Utilize and maintain systems for deploying full-time staff and consultants to high-quality services
- Manage financial and human resources to meet or exceed performance and revenue goals
- Business and Product Development
Conduct analysis of the market to identify growth opportunities for the curriculum support services business at EL Education
- Accurately forecast projected revenue from partnerships
- Manage the partnership development cycle, including the contracting process
- Inform development of professional development and virtual curriculum supports by assessing and analyzing market needs and client/partner feedback
- Determine programmatic offering needs from partners and work with EL Education’s Program Team to develop resources, tools and professional development offerings
- Partnership Development and Portfolio Management
Evaluate success conditions and identify new partners through EL Education’s partnership development process
- Actively monitor progress of partners through site visits, midyear reviews and dialogue with coaches regarding impact and success conditions
- Actively monitor feedback related to the continuum of curriculum support services offered by EL in order to maintain high-quality
- Intervene as needed to address barriers to impact and support successful partnership outcomes
- Performance Management and Talent Development
Recruit, support, supervise and retain a diverse team of coaches and consultants
- In collaboration with the Senior Director, Curriculum Implementation establish systems and structures for recruitment and training of consultants
- Evaluate and support the coaches and determine annual assignments aligned to partner needs and coach strengths
- Provide differentiated coaching to staff and ensure each coach in developing new skills to effectively serve partners
- Ensure ongoing talent management, bench building and career development across team
- Leverage and integrate various capacities of the national organization (e.g. program, research, marketing, finance, development) to support partners and EL Education staff
- Deliver direct service to selected partners when appropriate and necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated success with developing and executing impactful partnerships with districts and instructional leaders
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading, managing, and building capacity of high-performing teams
- Demonstrated experience supporting curriculum adoption and implementation at a district or charter network level
- Demonstrated results partnering with school and districts, with previous experience in K-12 education strongly preferred.
- Commitment to and knowledge of EL Education’s approach to teaching and learning
- Knowledge and experience in designing and delivering professional development for teachers and leaders
- Experience managing change and creating an evidence-based culture of continuous learning
- Master’s degree in education, educational leadership or related field strongly preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 40%
- Willingness to travel on some weekends due to planned partner or internal events, as needed
- Zeal for EL Education's mission and vision of student achievement.
- Ability to work effectively with educators of all backgrounds, particularly in larger urban settings.
- A drive to think strategically to solve challenging educational issues.
- A mind for systems and organization.
- A commitment to respecting and increasing diversity through inclusive practices
- Entrepreneurial approach to support meaningful change.
- Deep understanding of adult learning theory.
- Exceptional abilities to build relationships, forge alliances and garner trust.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Willingness to accept feedback; devotion to continuous growth.
- A growth mindset for the students, teachers and classrooms they serve – and most of all for him or herself.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a wide variety of benefits, including paid-time-off, 403b match, maternity/paternity leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at www.ELeducation.org in the Careers section. No phone calls please. Thank you.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor