- EL Education
- New York
- National HQ
- New York City
About EL Education
We are a national nonprofit expanding the definition of student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work.
We specialize in school design and literacy curriculum partnerships for K-12 public schools and districts of all sizes and types. We elevate teacher learning and student achievement with our partners by providing guiding core practices, proven professional development, and the nation’s best open-access educational resources.
Over the last 25 years, we have earned a reputation as a leader in the field of education, strengthened by scientific research showing positive impact on student achievement and teacher practice. EL Education is committed to equity and social justice in all aspects of our work.
About the Position
This is an opportunity for a results-oriented professional to expand and inspire our audiences at a key moment in our history, influencing a national conversation about public education. The ideal candidate will possess both creative and technical skills, including great writing and storytelling as well as skills in innovative techniques and technology.
The major focus for this position is development of strategic communications for the organization’s websites, blogs, social media platforms, email, earned media, and other digital communications. The Specialist will maintain systems, software, and vendor relationships to support effective operations and will track results to measure the impact of communications.
This position requires a highly collaborative individual who can work in a fast-paced environment across EL Education’s regional and remote teams, as well as with our school and district partners. The Digital Communications Specialist reports to the Director of Marketing as a member of the Communications Team.
Specific responsibilities include:
Content Development and Management
- Develop and manage original content for website, social media channels, digital ads, and email campaigns, in order to establish thought leadership, strengthen brand recognition, communicate impact, and inspire action.
- Gather and tell compelling stories of organizational impact on our blog.
- Collaborate with video, graphic design, and publications teams and vendors to produce content.
- Develop and maintain content calendars for all web properties, social media, email, and digital ad campaigns, in partnership with a cross-departmental editorial team.
- Curate and share content from leaders in the field and brand ambassadors; identify trends in education and examples of great content to be adopted by EL Education.
- Maintain consistent brand identity across all digital channels.
Community Management and User Experience
- Leverage social media to create conversations and connections between members of our online communities and our organization.
- Participate in relevant conversations about national education on social media.
- Identify and empower brand ambassadors to produce and share content on behalf of EL Education.
- Monitor feedback, conversations, and customer support requests across all digital channels, identifying trends for future enhancements.
- When possible, ensure users are captured in CRM databases or contact lists, identifying opportunities for future communication and interaction.
- Support group of communications representatives from our staff and school partners with trainings, tools, and story sharing opportunities.
Administration and Project Management
- Serve as Project Manager for ongoing and new website design, development, and integration in partnership with vendors.
- Support and monitor internal stakeholders in governing their sections of the website.
- Audit all aspects of site performance, security, and functionality.
- Manage and support interns as needed.
- Manage and maintain healthy relationships with vendors and manage billing for services.
- Identify and recommend emerging technologies or upgrades.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Collect and report analytics on website, social media, and email performance, traffic, audience, user behavior, and progress to goals.
- Help visualize and communicate digital results across the organization to support informed decisions.
- Run tests when appropriate and recommend changes to language, features, or other content.
The successful candidate combines expertise in digital communications with a commitment to the mission of the organization. The candidate feels excited about working in a fast-paced, collaborative work culture, and can independently navigate ambiguity and find solutions to complex problems.
- Two to three years digital communications experience
- Experience sourcing, developing, and managing high volumes of content, both short and long form
- Experience with digital publishing and content management systems; comfortable learning how to use new platforms and web-based applications
- Strong knowledge and experience with social media strategies, services, and tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr)
- Experience with email marketing tools
- Experience with digital analytics tracking and reporting tools, including Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of SEO and SEM principles and practices
- Strong eye for design and visual language
- Knowledge of education issues and ability to communicate such issues to diverse stakeholders
- Experience in K-12 public education strongly preferred
- Experience with CRM database and marketing automation software is a plus
- Experience with Google docs and hangouts is a plus
Communication and Collaboration Skills
- Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal skills
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholders across the organization, and across cultural, racial, ethnic and other differences
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment to equity in education
- Ability to travel for occasional meetings and events in regions across the U.S.
Please follow this link to complete your application. If you have any problems with this online application, please send an email to recruiting@ELeducation.org.
Please include your resume and one page cover letter (in MS Word or PDF format) and identify the position for which you are applying in your online application. No phone calls please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.