- Partner Schools
- New England
- Development Assistant
- Dorchester, MA
Reg Full Time
Job Title: Development Assistant
Supervisor: Director of Development
Start Date/Hours: July 1 - June 30; 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday
Description: The Development Assistant supports all fundraising, internal and external communications initiatives to help Codman Academy meet its fundraising objectives. This is an ideal position for anyone interested in non-profit management and/or exploring the field of urban education.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Research grant opportunities
- Draft grant proposals
- Maintain calendar of due dates of grant proposals and final reports
- Draft grant progress and final reports
- Organize site visits from potential grantmakers
- Support Director of Development in developing annual strategy and overseeing all state and federal funding
- Maintain eTapestry database of donors
- Support Director of Development in coordinating monthly Board of Trustees meetings and quarterly Foundation Board meetings
- Assist in organziing major annual events – annual gala, June graduation (planning event, securing corporate sponsorships, designing invitations, managing RSVPs)
- Assist in organizing donor friendraiser events throughout the year
- Manage school website (www.codmanacademy.org). Update photos, news stories, and announcements on homepage on a regular basis. Check to ensure information on all pages is timely and relevant.
- Manage development of e-newsletters and other mass mailings
- Prepare school reporting (calendar, annual report, charter renewal application)
- Assist in the development of marketing materials for the school
- Assist with annual fund and capital campaign and strategic fundraising efforts
- Provide general administrative support to the Director of Development and Chief Operating Officer
- Assist with additional school responsibilities
- Host visitors, provide tours of the school
- We are crew, not passengers, and we uphold that ideal as we support each other in reaching our shared goals.
- Every adult in our community is a teacher and a role model, and we model and implement Expeditionary Learning design principles and core practices to the best of our ability in our roles.
- Advance the educational mission of the school by participating in duties and responsibilities consistent with building, upholding and promoting a strong Codman community.
- We actively value and solicit feedback in order to improve performance.