- EL Education
- New York
- Instructional Support
- NYC Metropolitan Area
LOCATION: New York City; 40% travel required
ABOUT EL Education
EL Education is a leading K-12 education non-profit that is meeting the national challenge to raise student achievement. Combining challenging work with the joy of discovery and pride in mastery, EL offers the education we would want for every child: one that prepares citizens with both the skills and the character necessary for success throughout college, work and life.
Our portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on 20+ years of success in more than 160 EL schools, serving 4,000 teachers and 53,000 students in 31 states and Washington D.C. Based on founding principles of meaningful work, character and respect for teachers, EL’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement, regardless of student background.
EL students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world. For more information, visit http://eleducation.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Curriculum Support Specialist works as a member of the Curriculum Implementation team to promote, celebrate and explain EL Education’s curriculum products and associated professional development offerings to current and prospective partners. The Curriculum Support Specialist manages school/district/state partnerships towards high-quality curriculum implementation in service of impact goals. To develop the expertise needed, s/he will work closely with the Curriculum Design and Curriculum Product teams to understand deeply the research, design, and theory of action of EL curriculum products. The Curriculum Support Specialist is responsible for a proactive approach to managing complex curriculum inquiries and implementation partnerships. S/he will deliver skilled presentations and high-quality professional development for a variety of national audiences and partnerships. This is a full-time, national position that reports to the Director, Curriculum Partnerships.
This position is grant funded. Contract extension beyond grant expiration is possible but not guaranteed.
Respond to a variety of curriculum inquiries with expertise and professionalism
- Prioritize and respond to inquiries from a variety of national stakeholders
- Respond to inquiries (calls, emails,presentation requests, RFP response) regarding EL Education’s curriculum and related services in both oral and written communication.
- Simultaneously promote EL Education's curriculum, professional development, and other forms of partnerships when applicable.
- Maintain accurate records, documentation, and status updates regarding each inquiry in collaboration with Business Planning/Analysis team members and Manager, Curriculum Implementation
Design and deliver presentations, materials and professional development to celebrate, explain, and promote EL Education's Curriculum
- Design high-quality professional development in response to feedback from partners and in service of impact goals
- Deliver professional development in a variety of locations nationally in a consistent and compelling manner
- Collaborate with the Curriculum Design team and the Curriculum Implementation team to develop and maintain a high level of expertise regarding EL Education’s curriculum and associated services at all times.
- In collaboration with the Curriculum Implementation Team create a comprehensive suite of materials and presentations to message EL Education’s curriculum consistently to a variety of high stakes audiences.
- Work with Curriculum Implementation Team members to deliver presentations and professional development to promote, celebrate and explain EL Education’s curriculum and services in a clear, consistent, and compelling manner.
Deliver high-quality, in-depth professional development and services within a set of partnerships to achieve impact
- Deliver professional development to partners in support of high-quality curriculum implementation and impact goals.
- Maintain and manage partnerships with district and state level leaders
- Manage the ongoing relationship, operations, scheduling, etc. with partners
- Support the creation and implementation of annual goal based plans with partners in conjunction with school/district/state leaders and other EL field staff
- Develop and apply progress monitoring tools to measure progress and inform results
A successful candidate will have:
- A passion for EL’s mission
- Teaching experience; 5 years of classroom teaching experience with a focus on literacy preferred
- Bachelors degree; masters degree preferred
- Passionate, unequivocal conviction that EL’s curriculum will help fulfill on our mission and support student achievement
- Preferred familiarity with EL Education’s curriculum materials (K-8)
- A track record of strong facilitation of professional development
- Experience with leading/coordinating implementation of literacy curricula at a district or state level
- Experience successfully managing complex, long-term projects
- Flexible and willing to change course as needed to support reaching goals for maximum impact
- Ability to prioritize and execute strategies/tasks under pressure when needed
- Ability to embrace change and apply a growth mindset
- Willingness to travel to support national partner needs, up to 40%
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
The anticipated start date for this position is September 1. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter online (link to EL’s Career Page) in MS Word or PDF format.
In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor