- EL Education
- Instructional Support
- North Carolina or ability to drive to North Carolina (preferred); remote location (considered); 50% travel
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education (formerly Expeditionary Learning) is expanding the definition of student achievement in diverse communities across the country. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
Originating over 20 years ago through the collaboration of the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Outward Bound, EL Education’s research-based approach inspires teachers and challenges students, transforming education in thousands of schools and districts across the country through a unique combination of rigor and joy in learning. Our impressive results encompass high academic achievement and college readiness as well as pride in the mastery of complex, authentic work, and the passion and capacity to contribute to a better world.
As a mission-driven nonprofit organization, we work with all kinds of schools: district, charter, elementary and secondary, serving populations that reflect the diversity of our country. We create powerful resources--including an open source literacy curriculum that has already been downloaded by teachers over six million times--and share an award-winning portfolio of educator-developed professional development and instructional resources with our 150+ school partners in 39 states, serving over 50,000 students. For more information, visit www.ELeducation.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Curriculum Support Specialist works with partners at the school level to accelerate high-quality curriculum implementation in service of impact goals. S/he will skillfully deliver virtual and in-person coaching support and presentations alongside high-quality professional development for a select group of schools in addition to a variety of national audiences and partnerships. The Curriculum Support Specialists bring expertise in literacy and deep understandings of the research, design, and theory of action of the EL Education Language Arts Curriculum. As a member of the Curriculum Implementation Team, the Curriculum Support Specialist promotes, celebrates, and explains the EL Education Language Arts Curriculum and related professional learning opportunities to current and prospective partners. This is a full-time, national position that reports to the Director, Curriculum Partnerships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Service to Partners
- Develop and manage ongoing relations, operations, scheduling, etc. with partners
- Design high-quality virtual and in-person professional development materials in response to partner needs and feedback and in service of impact goals.
- Provide high-quality coaching and professional development services to partners in support of high-quality curriculum implementation and impact goals.
- Support the creation and implementation of annual goal based plans with partners.
- Utilize planning and progress monitoring tools to inform professional development and coaching.
- Deliver coaching and professional development virtually and in a variety of locations nationally in a consistent and compelling manner.
- Deliver professional development and coaching services to partners in support of high-quality curriculum implementation.
- Maintain a high level of expertise regarding EL Education’s curriculum and associated services at all times.
- Work with members of the Curriculum Implementation team and other teams across the organization to deliver presentations and facilitate professional development to promote, celebrate, and explain EL Education’s curriculum and services in a clear, consistent, and compelling manner.
- Maintain accurate records, documentation, and status updates regarding service delivery.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in literacy, educational leadership, or a related field (master’s preferred)
- Teaching experience (at least 5 years); school based coaching experience
- Familiarity with the EL Education Language Arts Curriculum: K-2, 3-5 (second edition), and/or 6-8 Experience in curriculum design, professional development design, and adult learning
- Experience successfully managing complex, long-term projects
- Ability to work effectively with educators of all backgrounds, particularly in large urban settings
- Flexible and willing to change course as needed to support reaching goals for maximum impact.
- Ability to embrace change and apply a growth mindset
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of time to support national partner needs
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications
- Zeal for EL Education’s mission.
- We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a wide variety of benefits, including paid-time-off, 403b match, maternity/paternity leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at www.ELeducation.org in the Careers section. No phone calls please. Thank you. The anticipated start date for this position is January 2020. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE VEVRAA Federal Contractor