- EL Education
- Instructional Support
- Remote / Detroit ; 40% travel required
ABOUT EL Education
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
For more information, visit ELeducation.orgOpens a New Window.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Curriculum Support Specialist works with partners at the school and district levels to accelerate high-quality curriculum implementation in service of impact goals. As a member of the Curriculum Implementation Team, the Curriculum Support Specialist promotes, celebrates and explains the EL Education Language Arts Curriculum and related professional learning opportunities to current and prospective partners. S/he will skillfully deliver virtual and in-person presentations and high-quality professional development for a variety of national audiences and partnerships. The Curriculum Support Specialist brings expertise in literacy and deep understandings of the research, design, and theory of action of the EL Education Language Arts Curriculum. This is a full-time, national position that reports to the Director, Curriculum Partnerships.
Elevate EL Education and the EL Language Arts Curriculum through design and delivery of professional learning
● Design high-quality virtual and in-person professional development materials in response to partner needs and feedback and in service of impact goals.
● Deliver professional development virtually and in a variety of locations nationally in a consistent and compelling manner.
● Champion the EL Education Language Arts Curriculum, professional development, and other forms of partnerships when applicable.
● Maintain a high level of expertise regarding EL Education’s curriculum and associated services at all times.
● Work with members of the Curriculum Implementation Team and other teams across the organization to deliver presentations and facilitate professional development to promote, celebrate and explain EL Education’s curriculum and services in a clear, consistent, and compelling manner.
Support and manage curriculum partnerships in service of impact
● Deliver professional development and coaching services to partners in support of high-quality curriculum implementation and impact goals.
● Support the creation and implementation of annual goal based plans with partners in conjunction with school/district/state leaders and other EL field staff.
● Utilize planning and progress monitoring tools to inform professional development and coaching.
● Develop and manage ongoing relationship, operations, scheduling, etc. with partners.
● Maintain accurate records, documentation, and status updates regarding service delivery.
A successful candidate will have:
● A passion for EL’s mission
● Passionate, unequivocal conviction that EL’s curriculum will help fulfill our mission and support student achievement
● 5 years classroom teaching (K-8 literacy), coaching or leadership experience preferred
● Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred (literacy, education leadership, or related field)
● Familiarity with the EL Education Language Arts Curriculum: K-2, 3-5 (second edition), and / or 6-8
● Experience in curriculum design, PD design, or adult learning
● A track record of strong facilitation of professional development
● Experience successfully managing complex, long-term projects
● Flexible and willing to change course as needed to support reaching goals for maximum impact
● Approach work with a ‘partner-first’ orientation, demonstrating dedication to serving teachers and students
● Skill in prioritizing and executing strategies / tasks quickly and efficiently under time constraints
● Ability to embrace change and apply a growth mindset
● Ability and willingness to travel 40% of time to support national partner needs
● Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
The anticipated start date for this position is Summer 2019. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter online (link to EL’s Career Page) in MS Word or PDF format. In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor