- EL Education
- This is a remote position requiring national travel.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
For more information, visit ELeducation.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking educators who are enthusiastic about and experienced in implementing EL Education’s Language Arts curriculum in their school, district, or state. The ideal candidate is a talented educator skilled at facilitating professional development with diverse audiences. Successful applicants will receive training in both the curriculum and EL Education’s approach to facilitating adult learning. This position will report to the Director, Curriculum Partnerships and will work with the larger Curriculum Implementation Team.
Deliver introductory professional development around EL Education’s Language Arts K-5 curriculum
- Deliver high-quality professional development in a consistent manner across a variety of locations nationally.
- Collaborate with the Curriculum Implementation Team to develop and maintain a high level of expertise around the EL Education curriculum and associated services.
- Work with EL Curriculum Support Specialists to deliver presentations and facilitate professional development to promote, celebrate, and explain EL Education’s curriculum and services in a clear and compelling manner.
- Create strong relationships quickly with a variety of partner participants in professional development settings.
Maintain clear and consistent records of services delivered
- Communicate effectively with partners around professional development services.
- Maintain accurate records of services provided.
- Maintain detailed personal records such as calendar, invoices, and travel log.
- Submit invoices in a timely manner to secure payment for travel and delivery.
A successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the EL Education Language Arts curriculum for grades K-2, 3-5, or 6-8; experience in implementing or leading implementation of the EL Education curriculum preferred
- A passion for the EL Education mission
- 5 or more years teaching, coaching, or leading educators with a focus on literacy/reading
- A track record of strong facilitation of professional development with large groups and diverse audiences; ability to build rapport quickly and establish self as an expert
- Ability to be nimble and adjust facilitation to meet participants’ needs, to welcome and implement performance feedback, and to apply a growth mindset to the work
- Experience working with virtual teams preferred
- Willingness to collaborate closely with other consultants and EL staff in serving partners
- Availability and enthusiasm for travel to partner schools and districts across the country to facilitate professional development
- An ability to join a face-to-face consultant training and engage deeply in self-directed virtual learning
Compensation rates are competitive and commensurate with experience. Consultants will be paid via a monthly invoice and 1099.
HOW TO APPLY
The anticipated start date for this position is April 2019. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Contract terms for eligible consultants are based on availability and expertise. To apply, please complete this application.
No phone calls please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE VEVRAA Federal Contractor