- EL Education
- Remote / North Carolina or Virginia preferred
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
For more information, visit ELeducation.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Manager, Curriculum Partnerships works with the Curriculum Implementation Team, supporting the Associate Director, Curriculum Partnerships and the Senior Director, Curriculum Implementation. The position is designed to support the district partnership process, including recruitment, hiring and onboarding of consultants as well as partnership development and launch. Although 40% virtual, this position will be “on the ground” with partners supporting delivery of services, logistical support, oversight and management of temporary positions, and coordination of teams that are on-site with partners. The Project Manager, Curriculum Partnerships will establish and maintain systems to track consultant contracts, and will support the on-site delivery of large scale professional development by managing and distributing materials, communicating with stakeholders, and supporting the facilitation team with logistics.This is a temporary part-time consultant position on the Curriculum Implementation Team from April 2019-August 2019.
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking, communicating with, and managing candidates for consultant work
- Organizing intake information for potential consultants
- Conducting phone screens for consultant candidates
- Establishing and maintaining tracking systems throughout the hiring process
- Organizing and implementing an onboarding process for new consultant hires
- Maintaining accurate records related to consultant contracts, rates of pay, dates, and roles
- Overseeing the correct submission and approval of consultant expenses and invoicing
- Working closely with the Associate Director, Curriculum Partnerships
- Planning, logistics and coordination management for large district partnerships
- Liason for district personnel in planning for delivery of services
- Act as on site contact for district and building administrators, event participants and EL staff Recruit, hire and manage onsite temporary logistics support personnel
- Manage and assist in creation of Facilitator scheduling for service delivery
- Manage materials/supplies delivery and ordering
- Communicates with facilitation teams regarding event details
- Tracking and coordination of hotel accommodations, meeting spaces and catering, as needed
- Communicate with internal colleagues and external partners
- Handle logistics on-site for internal and external meetings
- Other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have a passion for EL Education’s mission and the following:
- Highly proficient in technology tools including the Google Apps, use of online calendar, MS Office Suite, Salesforce and web-based collaboration tools (e.g., Google Hangout, Adobe Connect)
- Strong communication skills including internal and external audiencesLogistical event planning for participants from a variety of settings
- Ability to handle fast-paced work flow
- Familiarity with Expensify and Salesforce preferred
- Knowledge:Basic understanding of the education profession, workings of school districts, etc
- Experience in event planning or logistics
- Experience in the hiring/contracting process
- A minimum of 2 years work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred -- ideally with background in communication, business administration or education
- Professional demeanor
- Demonstrated experience supporting complex, deadline-intensive projects 2-3 years of project management experience with increasing responsibility
- A passion for EL Education’s mission and vision
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and stakeholders
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial, and flexible professional approach
- High detail-orientation
- Ability to prioritize a number of concurrent tasks
- Service oriented mindset
- Comfort with working remotely by oneself and also being a part of highly interactive face-to-face events
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed organization
Travel:Travel will be required up to 40% within the United States
Compensation rates are competitive and commensurate with experience. Consultants will be paid via a monthly invoice and 1099.
HOW TO APPLY
The anticipated start date for this position is April 30, 2019. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please submit your resume and one page cover letter online (link to EL’s Career Page) in MS Word or PDF format. In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education. No phone calls please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor