- Date Posted
- EL Education
LOCATION - Remote
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
For more information, visit ELeducation.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking educators who are enthusiastic about and experienced in implementing EL Education’s Language Arts curriculum in their school, district, or state. The ideal candidate is a talented independent consultant, skilled at facilitating professional development with diverse audiences. Successful applicants will receive training in both the curriculum and EL Education’s approach to facilitating adult learning.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Deliver introductory professional development around EL Education’s Language Arts K-8 curriculum
- Deliver high-quality professional development in a consistent and high-quality manner (remote primarily, and in person when safety protocols are met)
- Create strong relationships quickly with a variety of partner participants in professional development settings.
- Support partnership development activities around EL Education’s Language Arts K-8 curriculum
- Work with the partner school and district team members to deliver presentations and facilitate professional development to promote, celebrate, and explain EL Education’s curriculum and services in a clear and compelling manner.
- Collaborate with EL staff experts to develop and maintain a high level of expertise around the EL Education curriculum and associated services.
- Maintain clear and consistent records of services delivered
- Communicate effectively with partners around professional development services.
- Maintain accurate records of services provided.
- Maintain detailed personal records such as calendar, invoices, and travel log.
- Submit invoices in a timely manner.
A successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the EL Education Language Arts curriculum for grades K-2, 3-5, or 6-8; experience in implementing or leading implementation of the EL Education curriculum preferred
- Five or more years teaching, coaching, or leading educators with a focus on literacy/reading
- A track record of strong facilitation of professional development with large groups and diverse audiences; ability to build rapport quickly and establish self as an expert
- Ability to be nimble and adjust facilitation to meet participants’ needs, to welcome and implement performance feedback, and to apply a growth mindset to the work
- Experience working with virtual teams preferred
- Willingness to collaborate closely with other consultants and EL staff in serving partners
- An ability to join consultant training and engage deeply in self-directed virtual learning
- A passion for EL Education’s mission
Competitive rate offered, not eligible for benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
The anticipated start date for this position is May 2023. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. To apply, please complete this application. No phone calls please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin or citizenship status, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy and parental status, HIV status, gender identity and expression, status with regard to public assistance, status as a veteran, or physical or mental disability or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor