- EL Education
- New York
- National HQ
- New York City, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
For more information, visit ELeducation.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Client Services Associate works with the Director of Organizational Strategy and Field Directors (who lead our work with school and district partners), as well as others in the organization, to support strong relationships with EL Education’s partners. The position serves on the Business Planning Team (BPT) and is designed to support the partnership development process and relationship management with schools and districts that partner with EL for professional development services. The position provides Regional Directors with administrative support related to developing and tracking proposals, creating contracts, and communicating with clients. This position reports to the Director of Organizational Strategy.
Specific responsibilities include:
●Supporting the development and tracking of service proposals and contracts with school and district partners
● Respond to inquiries, maintain an accurate database of client leads, and document status throughout the sales cycle
● Collaborate with Field Directors (FDs), our coaches and other individuals to generate proposals and contracts for clients
● Track the return of signed agreements and purchase orders in coordination with the finance department
● Ensure that appropriate members of the EL Education team are updated regarding the status of proposals and contracts
● Generate and publish reports for the leadership team (pipeline, contract status, etc.)
● Supporting effective, timely and professional communication with clients
● Manage date change and/or contract change requests from clients and ensure proper adjustments are made
● Gather and communicate information regarding professional development sessions, including location details, logistics and other specifics
● Lead communication with partners around billing and payment for services.
● Supporting internal processes to effectively and efficiently prepare for delivery of high-quality professional development
● Ensure frequent and clear communication with Field Directors about progress and development related to contracting and delivery of services to partners
● Support Field Directors in ensuring that all partnerships are fully staffed and in tracking of delivery of services.
● Support preparation for materials production and/or logistics support when needed
● Establish new documents, practices, and systems as needed to enhance internal processes
● Providing on-site support to NYC office staff and business planning team (BPT) members
● With a technology solutions provider, offer basic technology troubleshooting for NYC office staff
● Serve as a BPT representative in the NYC office to facilitate coordination with the finance team and other NYC-based EL staff
An ideal candidate for the Client Services Associate position will have a proven track record of managing client systems to achieve business objectives and ensuring effective communication with clients. Ideal candidates will also have a sincere interest in public education and the mission of EL Education.
● 4-year college degree and 2 years of client focused experience or 2-year degree with 4 or more years of client focused experience.
● Experience developing and implementing solutions to solve complex problems.
● Experience providing proactive communication and related services to clients.
● Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills
● Persistent attention to detail and the ability to use and maintain systems for tracking and organizing these details
● Exceptional time-management skills
● Ability to collaborate with multiple teams across the organization
● Flexibility to adapt and adjust procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness
● Ability to quickly build relationships with clients and colleagues to achieve objectives
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Word/Excel/Powerpoint Google Apps (gmail, Google hangout, Google drive)
● Knowledge of database systems such as Salesforce; willingness to learn new technology
● A passion for EL Education’s mission.
Travel will be required up to 30%. Examples include, internal meetings with customer-facing/field teams, annual employee meeting for EL staff, regional and national customer events, etc.
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter online (link to EL’s Career Page) in MS Word or PDF format. In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE VEVRAA Federal Contractor