Centennial Academy: Assistant Principal, Academics
- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- School Leadership
- NW Atlanta GA, 30313
Job Summary: The Assistant Principal for Academics will ensure that curriculum and program components maximize the educational experience of every scholar and serve as a resource to others. Reporting directly to the Principal, the Assistant Principal will motivate instructional personnel to strive for Centennial’s core value of EXCELLENCE and ensure rigorous STEAM-based and standards aligned instruction in every K-8 classroom for every scholar. The Assistant Principal must possess excellent leadership and management skills as well as strong knowledge of curriculum and instruction. The Assistant Principal will work collaboratively with school leaders, teachers, and scholars to spark joy in teaching and learning so that all scholars can succeed.
• Provides supervision, support, and leadership development for the Department Chairs and division leads within the Academic Department.
• Assists with program planning and evaluation activities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Academic Department initiatives.
• Assist in the supervision and evaluation of teachers using the Teacher Keys Effectiveness System (TKES)
• Provides oversight of the execution of the following programs, Response to Intervention (RTI), Student Support Team (SST), Accelerated Pathway/Gifted Education, Special Education, Personalized Learning, STEAM/Project-based Learning, and Academic Coaching
• Bring a data-driven approach to scholar and curriculum assessment and decision-making, with particular expertise with benchmark assessment systems and the state standardized tests
• Believe in and have familiarity with differentiated instruction and the ability to advise and mentor teachers in its integration into teaching practice
• Track scholar progress in all content areas and use data to inform decisions about curriculum and materials
• Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of professional development based on teacher need and interest
• Assist with program planning and evaluation activities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Academic Department initiatives
• Assist with compiling data from a variety of sources for the purpose of evaluating assigned programs and/or related services, developing programs and/or services, making decisions for program enhancement and complying with financial, legal and administrative requirements.
• Coordinates program components, support needs and materials for the purpose of delivering services that enhance student learning and conform to established guidelines.
• Assist in the identification of appropriate materials (field trips, speakers, print, and media sources) to support curriculum
• Work collaboratively with the Assistant Principal for Culture and Climate to ensure scholars’ and teachers’ overall success
• Perform personnel functions (e.g. interviewing, hiring, evaluating, training, supervising, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing student achievement, maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving program and curriculum objectives
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents, teachers, administrators, and scholars
• Evaluates policies, procedures and current practices that are related to assigned program components and curriculum for the purpose of ensuring that programs and services meet student and teacher needs and meeting district and state objectives and guidelines.
• Oversees the development of curriculum content for the purpose of enhancing scholar achievement and conforming to district and state curriculum and/or instructional objectives.
• Oversees the implementation of programs and/or projects for the purpose of conforming to district and state curriculum and/or instructional objectives.
• Serve as school-wide Testing Coordinator for school-based, local, and national assessments
• Responsible for collaborating with the Principal on all academic plans for all learning models, to include, in-person, hybrid, and virtual if needed
• Provide in-person support to scholars and families as necessary
• Ability to work nights and weekends as required
• Serve as the first point of contact for all parent and teacher concerns
• Serves as principal in the absence of the principal and other assistant principal
• Master’s Degree in Education or related field
• L5 Georgia Certification, or meeting all requirements for professional leadership certification
• EL Education experience preferred
• STEAM experience, preferred
• Minimum 5 years teaching experience
• 3-4 years of school-based supervision/leadership
• Experience with implementing curriculum at a school-wide level
• Ensure regular and reliable attendance
• Belief that all scholars, regardless of background, have the ability to reach high levels of achievement
• Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Centennial Academy
• Commitment to excellence
• Normal school related working conditions to be expected, i.e. standing, sitting, etc.
• Ability to effectively work with others
• Effective communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Applicants may apply here https://www.centennialacademyc...
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.