Baystate Academy Charter Public School: Assistant Principal
- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- School Leadership
- Springfield, MA 01104
Baystate Academy Charter Public School (BACPS) is a college preparatory charter school in Springfield, MA providing rigorous academic standards and educational opportunities rooted in health sciences to students in grades 6 – 12. BACPS works in partnership with EL Education and that as an EL school, BACPS holds a three dimensional view of student achievement and success through: Mastery of Knowledge and Skill, Character and High-Quality Student Work.
The Assistant Principal is an instructional leader who coaches and supervises teachers. They will lead our middle school educational program and will drive the growth and success of the teachers and students. This position will supervise our instructional coaches as well.
The Assistant Principal is ultimately responsible for ensuring the success of his/her teachers and their students’ academic achievement. She/he will accomplish this by primarily focusing on:
• The growth, development and performance of teachers.
• As an instructional leader, is responsible for student growth and ultimately the success of the teachers he or she manages.
• This position requires a data driven approach to instruction.
• This work requires a deep commitment to regular and consistent observation and feedback of teachers.
• Provide whole school professional development and individual lesson plan feedback.
• In collaboration with the Principal is responsible for driving the instructional vision of the school.
• Assist the principal with hiring decisions, evaluation, development and retention of faculty members through weekly PD sessions, summer training and more.
Leadership and vision on pedagogy and curriculum.
• Responsible for collaborating closely with the Instructional Coaches and Principal to ensure that curriculum and assessments are effectively implemented to ensure that Baystate Academy’s instructional vision and approach are reflected in every classroom.
• Responsible for ensuring curriculum is developed and used effective to drive student learning.
• Responsible for the growth, development and performance of grade level/department lead teachers.
• In collaboration with the Principal, will be responsible for managing and fostering strong adult culture and teacher leaders among the lead teachers at the department or grade level.
• Developing and delivering professional development to instructional staff.
• Will work collaboratively with the Principal on the long-range planning process for their school including school culture design, academic program design, staff development, staff retention, course offerings, course sequences, and refinement of tutorial and curriculum.
Competitive applicant will have:
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred,
• Licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a School Principal/Assistant Principal preferred,
• Have a proven track record of raising student achievement scores in an urban setting,
• Have prior experience with managing a team and leading other teachers,
• Have at least 5 years of full-time teaching experience, preferably in a Title I school,
• Have an unwavering commitment to Baystate Academy’s mission of student success in college and beyond,
• Have a desire to see all students succeed,
• Be excited about regularly receiving feedback and have a growth mindset for staff and themselves,
• Embody excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
$100,000 - $120,000 per year
Timothy L. Sneed