- Date Posted
- EL Education
- Instructional Support
- New York City, NY / Amherst, MA / Flexible/ Remote
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education is a national nonprofit partnering with K-12 educators to transform public schools and districts into hubs of opportunity for all students to achieve excellent equitable outcomes. EL Education is guided by a vision of education equity and student potential, by a reimagined definition of student achievement, and offers research-proven resources and practices, including the acclaimed EL Education K-8 Language Arts curriculum, Core Practices, and aligned professional learning. EL Education was founded in 1991 and currently serves 440,000 students in diverse communities across the country. Learn more at ELEducation.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director, Partnership Development the Associate Director, Partnership Development supports the business development and launch phases of partnerships. The Associate Director, in collaboration with the Director and other members of the partnership team, builds and implements a focused growth strategy. The role revolves around selecting and successfully launching partnerships with high-quality, and in alignment with organizational impact goals. Additionally, the Associate Director allocates and leverages organizational resources to reach quality and revenue goals to drive exceptional results for EL partners.
Ideal candidates possess a deep commitment to and knowledge of EL Education and our core offerings (ELA curriculum and school transformation work)
Estimated travel: 40% on average (examples of travel may include: in-person meetings with potential clients, internal team meetings, internal leadership meetings with colleagues, customer/partner events, select industry conferences to promote EL Education’s awareness, annual EL Education staff gathering).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Business and Partnership Development
- In collaboration with the Director, and members of the partnership team, establish a robust pipeline of potential partnerships.
- Identify, implement and utilize automated lead management tools (e.g. Calendly) to schedule initial meetings with prospective partners.
- Conduct initial meetings with prospective partners, using a set of questions to assess basic partnership questions and needs and route the leads appropriately within the organization.
- Cultivate relationships with prospects through a consultative approach designed to identify potential partner needs and requirements.
- Initiate, respond to, and follow up on inquiries and leads by telephone, email, virtual meetings, or in-person, creating a strong “first impression” for the organization.
- Effectively utilize and update information within CRM tool (Salesforce™).
- Maintain clean lead, contact, and activity records to ensure accurate reporting.
- Partner with the Director and members of the partnership team to conduct analysis of partnership conditions, research into districts, focus groups, and other partnership development strategies.
- Develop and facilitate sales presentations, webinars, conference sessions and other events as part of the partnership development marketing strategy.
- Leverage and integrate various capacities of the national organization (e.g. program, research, marketing, finance, development) to support customers and EL Education staff
Partnership Management and Reporting
- Assemble high-level reports and data/information summaries about prospective and current district partnerships (i.e., Board reports, external presentations, district communications, etc.) and present across teams in the organization.
- Research potential district partners, collaborate with distribution partners as needed, and assemble and present reports to support recruitment efforts.
- Manage and respond to complex requests (e.g. pipeline reporting, financial modeling, implementation process) with professionalism and depth of knowledge.
- Support communications with districts and other national partners related to EL’s district partnerships.
Partnership Launch Management and Oversight
Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Work across teams within the organization and with third party organizations in service of creating relationships and resources to support partnership development and launch.
- Create the tools, systems, and processes for the complex logistics of a district launch, including but not limited to, scheduling, materials distribution and management, and communications.
- Recruit, hire, train, and oversee consultants or other EL staff temporarily handling on-site or virtual logistics and materials management for launch events.
Meet regularly with partners to develop a plan for launch; support partner communications to participants; remain engaged with the partner daily throughout a launch
Additional Responsibilities Including but not limited to:
- Manage financial and human resources to meet or exceed performance and revenue goals
- Support the contracting process for new partnerships, as needed
- Support the Request for Proposal (RFP) writing and tracking process, as needed
- Support internal team budget management, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional written and spoken communication with internal and external audiences
- High proficiency with technology tools including the Google Suite, MS Office Suite, Salesforce, web-based collaboration tools (e.g., Google Hangout, Adobe Connect), and event management tools
- Event and logistics planning in a variety of settings, including for virtual events
- Ability to self-motivate, handle fast-paced work flow, and meet tight deadlines with quality
- Strong ability to ingest information orally and synthesize it in real time to identify action items
- Knowledge of the EL Education curriculum and systemic launch and implementation of curriculum in states and districts
- Passionate belief that all students can learn
- Deep devotion to diversity, equity and inclusion
- A passion for EL Education’s mission
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment, absent an approved medical or religious accommodation.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a wide variety of benefits, including paid-time-off, 403b match, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, and more.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter online (link to EL’s Career Page) in MS Word or PDF format. In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all diverse backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin or citizenship status, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy and parental status, HIV status, gender identity and expression, status with regard to public assistance, status as a veteran, or physical or mental disability or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor