Anser Charter School: Job Description: Elementary Art Position K-5
- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- Garden City, ID 83714
Job Description: Elementary Art Position K-5
The Elementary Art Teacher position at Anser is a unique position of developing innovative curriculum and experiences that support creative practices and divergent thinking in children grades K-5.
● Individuals applying for this position must believe in high accountability and collaboration
● Be comfortable with both individual as well as group decision-making
● Knowledgeable in children’s developmental milestones at all grade levels
● Ability to foster creative growth while cultivating a culture of kindness, hard work, and respect.
● Through innovative instruction, individual will:
● provide abundant opportunities for creative decision making and problem solving
● provide rich experiences in a variety of mediums
● have a capacity to guide students in understanding and experiencing the creative process grounded in the National Art Core Standards
● have a capacity to guide student to high-quality work
● This position would be responsible for facilitating art experiences, guidance and instruction for Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd and 3rd grade combo classes, 4th and 5th grade combo classes
● Candidate responsible for display of student work around the school in collaboration with students.
● This position is responsible for collaborating with students and classroom teachers to create high quality collaborative art pieces for the Anser Spring Fundraiser.
● Candidates need to be aware there are expectations that exist outside of the regular school day and hours (Exhibition Nights, Spring Auction, Back to School Picnic, Back to School Night, Family Information Nights, etc.).
● Candidates must hold, or be eligible for, an Idaho K-8 Teaching Certificate and/or meet all Idaho State Department of Education standards for a Highly Qualified Teacher.
● It is desirable that candidates possess a deep knowledge and understanding of the National Art Standards and have experience as a practicing artist.
● Experience in mounting, displaying and curating artwork.
● Candidates must have strong organizational skills in managing many ongoing projects in a variety of mediums.
Anser Charter School may be a good fit for you if you:
1. Flourish in a collaborative environment that deems alignment, consistency and fidelity to programs and school design integral to school and student success.
2. Thrive in a diverse, intellectually challenging environment where reflection and improvement of professional practice are regarded as hallmarks of individual and group growth and development.
3. Believe all children - regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, socio-economic status, or home language - can achieve at high levels, AND believe that the teacher must actively engage students to make that happen.
4. Have knowledge of child cognitive, social, moral and ethical development as well as different learning styles and can implement this knowledge in a caring and collaborative community.
5. Demonstrate competence using qualitative and quantitative data to inform instruction and to assess students' progress over time.
6. Have the desire to work in a nontraditional, school environment.
7. Can develop curriculum that is engaging, rigorous and aligns with National Art Standards and school expectations.
8. Are passionate about what Anser has to offer staff, students and families.
About Our School: Anser Charter School, a public school chartered by the Idaho Charter SchoolCommission demonstrates 22 years of successful operation. Anser is named after the Latin word for goose and seeks to embody the supportive and collaborative characteristics of its namesake. The school serves approximately 480 students K-8. We are located in Garden City and within the boundaries of the Boise School District. Anser is an Expeditionary Learning (EL Education) school rooted in effective teaching and learning practices as a means to ensure that all students are provided a rigorous curriculum embedded with components of strong character and service-learning. The curriculum is organized around learning expeditions where collaboration, cooperation, and teamwork are integral to the school design. Active pedagogy is supported by working with teaching partners and through a school culture that practices shared and distributive leadership, reflection, deep dialogue, meaningful social interactions, and aligned professional development. Equity and high expectations for every student are fostered through inquiry and project-based learning; a safe, respectful and orderly community; adventure; service-learning, civic responsibility, and engagement of families in the life of the school. To learn more about the school please visit www.ansercharterschool.org.
For all application materials and job description, please visit the Anser Charter School Indeed site: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob...
All application requirements are due by Feb. 25, 2022
Submit the following application materials through Indeed.
● Resume, Cover letter, Three letters of recommendation
● Written response to this prompt, “What is your philosophy of Art Education?”
Pursuant to Idaho Code 33-512(15), all first time employees of Anser must submit to a criminal background check. Anser is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation in the education programs and activities it operates.