Anser Charter School - Associate Education Director/Vice-Principal
- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- School Leadership
- Garden City, Idaho
The Associate Education Director position is an exciting new position at Anser. This position will
work collaboratively with the Education Director, Instructional Guide, Student Support Specialist,
and Organization Director to successfully implement the core practices set by the EL Education
Anser’s EL Education model’s definition of student achievement combines academic
achievement, character, and high-quality work. We believe that academic success is built on
strong character. The character qualities of collaboration, perseverance, responsibility, and
compassion are shaped through engaging and challenging academic work. The Associate
Education Director position will assist in the overall administration of the school that ensures Anser
is fulfilling the school’s mission and vision
● Support the Education Director in supervising teaching staff through frequent walkthroughs and
● Support teaching staff whom the Associate Education Director formally observes during a school
year in meeting Anser’s EL Work Plan goals and student learning goals
● Facilitate Professional Development along with Education Director, Instructional Leadership Team,
Instructional Guide and EL School Designer.
● Ensure equitable instruction is delivered in all classrooms.
● Along with Co-Directors, Instructional Guide, and the Instructional Leadership Team, maintains a
strong relationship with the EL Education network.
● Individuals applying for this position must believe in high accountability and collaboration.
● Be comfortable with both individual, as well as, group decision-making.
● Support the Education Director and teachers in overseeing disciplinary interventions.
● Communicates and collaborates with families regarding disciplinary interventions.
● Conduct formal investigations based on student, parent and adult inquiries related to school
culture, discipline, and incidents.
● Work with Anser’s Family Council along with Co-Directors.
● Facilitate EL 101 for students and families.
● Maintain systems for collecting and tracking data on school culture metrics, including discipline
Administrative and Operational Oversight:
● Collaborate with Co-Directors in the overall administration of the school with the understanding
that the Co-Directors have final decision-making abilities.
● Work with the Education Director in maintaining a strong substitute teacher structure.
● Testing coordination.
● Support the Education Director with overseeing Federal Programs.
● Oversight of innovation in technology (includes technology ordering and oversight).
● Collaborate with Education Director in all organization aspects i.e. calendar development,
budgeting, planning and executing Open House and Back to School Night even
● Candidates must hold an Idaho K-12 Administrator Certificate or willing to get an Idaho
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
● Effective and straightforward communication with Co-Directors, Instructional Leadership Team,
and EL School Designer about issues and concerns.
● Knowledge of how to engage the adult learner.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Knowledge of Common Core State Standards and the Idaho Core Standards.
● Knowledge of current, research-based instructional strategies and assessment practices.
● Preferred candidates will have at least five years of classroom experience in an EL Education
Anser Charter School may be a good fit for you if you:
1. Flourish in a collaborative environment that deems alignment, consistency, and fidelity to
programs and school design integral to school and student success.
2. Thrive in a diverse, intellectually challenging environment where reflection and improvement
of professional practice are regarded as hallmarks of individual and group growth and
3. Believe all children - regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, socio-economic status, or home
language - can achieve at high levels, AND believe that the teacher must actively engage
students to make that happen.
4. Have knowledge of child cognitive, social, moral and ethical development as well as
different learning styles and can implement this knowledge in a caring and collaborative
5. Demonstrate competence using qualitative and quantitative data to inform instruction and
to assess students' progress over time.
6. Have the desire to work in a non-traditional, school environment.
7. Can develop curriculum that is engaging, rigorous and aligns with Common Core State
Standards and school expectations.
8. Are passionate about what Anser has to offer staff, students, and families.
About Our School: Anser Charter School, a public school chartered by the Boise School District
demonstrates 21 years of successful operation. Anser is named after the Latin word for goose and
seeks to embody the supportive and collaborative characteristics of its namesake. The school serves
approximately 375 students K-8. We are located in Garden City and within the boundaries of the
Boise School District. Anser is an Expeditionary Learning (EL) school rooted in effective teaching and
learning practices as a means to ensure that all students are provided a rigorous curriculum
embedded with components of strong character and service-learning. The curriculum is organized
around learning expeditions where collaboration, cooperation, and teamwork are integral to the
school design. Active pedagogy is supported by working with teaching partners and through a
school culture that practices shared and distributive leadership, reflection, deep dialogue,
meaningful social interactions, and aligned professional development. Equity and high expectations
for every student are fostered through inquiry and project-based learning; a safe, respectful and
orderly community; adventure; service-learning, civic responsibility, and engagement of families in
the life of the school. To learn more about the school please visit www.ansercharterschool.org.
For all application materials and job description, please visit the Anser Charter School
website at https://www.ansercharterschool... .
All application requirements are due by March 30, 2020.
Pursuant to Idaho Code 33-512(15), all first-time employees of Anser must submit to a criminal background check. Anser is an
Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual
orientation in the education programs and activities it operates