Anser Charter School: Assistant Education Director/Vice-Principal
- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- School Leadership
- Garden City, ID 83714
Assistant Education Director/Vice-Principal
The Assistant Education Director position is an exciting new position at Anser. This position will work collaboratively with the Education Director, Instructional Guide, Student Support Specialists, Behavior Support, and Organization Director to successfully implement the core practices set by the EL Education model.
Anser’s EL Education model’s definition of student achievement combines academic achievement, character, and high-quality work. We believe that academic success is built on strong character. The character qualities of collaboration, perseverance, responsibility, and compassion are shaped through engaging and challenging academic work. The Assistant Education Director position will assist in the overall administration of the school that ensures Anser is fulfilling the school’s mission and vision.
● Support the Education Director in supervising teaching staff through frequent walkthroughs and instructional observations.
● Support teaching staff whom the Assistant Education Director formally observes during a school year in meeting Anser’s EL Work Plan goals and student learning goals
● Facilitate Professional Development along with Education Director, Instructional Leadership Team, Instructional Guide, and EL School Designer.
● Ensure equitable instruction is delivered in all classrooms.
● Along with Co-Directors, Instructional Guide, and the Instructional Leadership Team, maintains a strong relationship with the EL Education network.
● Individuals applying for this position must believe in high accountability and collaboration.
● Be comfortable with both individual, as well as, group decision-making.
● Support the Education Director and teachers in overseeing disciplinary interventions.
● Communicates and collaborates with families regarding disciplinary interventions.
● Conduct formal investigations based on student, parent, and adult inquiries related to school culture, discipline, and incidents.
● Work with Anser’s Family Council along with Co-Directors.
● Maintain systems for collecting and tracking data on school culture metrics, including discipline and attendance.
Administrative and Operational Oversight:
● Collaborate with Co-Directors in the overall administration of the school with the understanding that the Co-Directors have final decision-making abilities.
● Work with the Education Director in maintaining a strong substitute teacher structure.
● Testing coordination.
● Support the Education Director with overseeing Federal Programs.
● Oversight of innovation in technology (includes technology ordering and oversight).
● Collaborate with Education Director in all organization aspects i.e. teacher staff evaluations, calendar development, budgeting, planning, and executing Open House and Back to School Night events.
● Candidates must hold an Idaho K-12 Administrator Certificate or be willing to get an Idaho Administrator Certification.
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
● Effective and straightforward communication with Co-Directors, Instructional Leadership Team, and EL School Designer about issues and concerns.
● Knowledge of how to engage the adult learner.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Knowledge of Common Core State Standards and the Idaho Core Standards.
● Knowledge of current, research-based instructional strategies and assessment practices.
● Preferred candidates will have at least five years of classroom experience in an EL Education school.
Anser Charter School may be a good fit for you if you:
Flourish in a collaborative environment that deems alignment, consistency, and fidelity to programs and school design integral to school and student success.
Thrive in a diverse, intellectually challenging environment where reflection and improvement of professional practice are regarded as hallmarks of individual and group growth and development.
Believe all children - regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, socio-economic status, or home language - can achieve at high levels, AND believe that the teacher must actively engage students to make that happen. Have knowledge of child cognitive, social, moral, and ethical development as well as different learning styles and can implement this knowledge in a caring and collaborative community.
Demonstrate competence using qualitative and quantitative data to inform instruction and to assess students' progress over time. Have the desire to work in a non-traditional, school environment. Can develop curriculum that is engaging, rigorous, and aligns with Common Core State Standards and school expectations.
Are passionate about what Anser has to offer staff, students, and families.
About Our School: Anser Charter School, a public school chartered by the Idaho Charter School Commission demonstrates 23 years of successful operation. Anser is named after the Latin word for goose and seeks to embody the supportive and collaborative characteristics of its namesake. The school serves approximately 432 students K-8. We are located in Garden City and within the boundaries of the Boise School District. Anser is an Expeditionary Learning (EL) school rooted in effective teaching and learning practices as a means to ensure that all students are provided a rigorous curriculum embedded with components of strong character and service-learning. The curriculum is organized around learning expeditions where collaboration, cooperation, and teamwork are integral to the school design. Active pedagogy is supported by working with teaching partners and through a school culture that practices shared and distributive leadership, reflection, deep dialogue, meaningful social interactions, and aligned professional development. Equity and high expectations for every student are fostered through inquiry and project-based learning; a safe, respectful and orderly community; adventure; service-learning, civic responsibility, and engagement of families in the life of the school. To learn more about the school please visit www.ansercharterschool.org.
For all application materials and job descriptions, https://www.indeed.com/viewjob...
All application requirements are due by February 28, 2022.
Submit the following application materials through Indeed.
● Resume, Cover letter, Three letters of recommendation
● Written response to this prompt, “What does equitable education mean in our current world of disruptions and individual perceptions?"