: Amana Academy North Fulton Campus - Principal
- Date Posted
- Partner Schools
- Alpharetta, GA
DOING WORK THAT MATTERS Amana Academy is hiring a Principal to lead our Alpharetta, GA. campus, a Fulton County start-up charter school serving nearly 800 students across grades K-8. We are building on 16 years of experience offering a STEM-themed learning experience using the Harvard-based EL Education model (formally Expeditionary Learning).
Amana’s mission is to prepare students for high academic achievement beyond what they think possible, so they become active contributors to building a better world. Amana’s school culture encourages all community members to become crew, not passengers, in a climate of mutual respect, collegiality, collaboration, and professionalism. We are seeking a courageous leader who is driven by a commitment to innovation, diversity, and shared leadership and a belief that all students can excel.
The Principal is responsible for the instructional and organizational leadership. This role serves as the school’s advocate and works with all stakeholders to create a common vision for the school that best positions the school for success and engages students and their community. The Principal also works with others to develop and execute a school work plan and allocates resources to continually improve student achievement. Consistent with our mission and stewardship values, our intention is to recruit a great school leader who creates the conditions where students and adults engage in purposeful, challenging, and joyful learning.
HOW YOU WILL EMPOWER STUDENTS TO GO BEYOND
● Builds a talented, aligned Crew focused on using the EL Education model to boost student achievement
● Drives instructional excellence
● Builds an environment that fosters collaboration and continuous improvement
● Manages school financial, physical, and personnel resources to support optimal instruction
● Serves as school’s advocate and regularly communicates with all stakeholders
● Manages diverse opinions, ideologies, and expertise to achieve school vision and objectives
● Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
● Education: Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Administration, or a related field is required
● Certification/Licensure: Must hold or be eligible for a provisional or clear renewable Leadership Certificate
● Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience, demonstrating progression of added responsibility in Education, Educational Administration or a related field required--especially in diverse settings; Minimum 3 years supervising/coaching others required.
○ Ability to organize programs, personnel, and activities required for productive and joyous learning in the school
○ Ability to apply critical thinking skills in rendering solutions to various issues
○ Savvy ability to manage financial, material, and human resources effectively to scale high achievement
○ Proven ability to make recommendations on various topics, detailed, controversial, simple, or complex
○ Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate program goals and initiatives
○ Ability to exercise strict confidence in handling sensitive information
○ Ability to manage restorative practices, positive behavior management and progressive discipline
○ Excellent presence and communication skills and a zeal for community partnerships
○ Ability to advocate for educational equity, diversity, and multiculturalism
○ Agility amid uncertainty, and multi-task and compartmentalize short-term and long-term priorities
○ Professional development experience and coach’s mindset consistent with EL Education’s leadership model
● Working Conditions: Normal office and school environment
● Physical Demands: Routine physical activity associated with normal office and school environment
HOW YOU WILL GO BEYOND
● Strong familiarity with the EL Education approach to teaching and learning
● Having an innovator’s growth mindset
● Clear understanding of the power of Design Thinking
● Experience in a K-8 charter school setting
IMPORTANT: Please follow this format for efficient consideration.
1. Email PrincipalJob@amanaacademy.org. Be sure to put your LAST NAME and POSITION you are applying for in the Subject line; eg, “Smith - North Fulton Principal”
2. In the cover letter, indicate how your past experiences qualify you for this position and connect with the Amana philosophy (http://www.amanaacademy.org/philosophy.htm).
3. Attach your current resume.
After initial screening of resumes, the hiring committee will conduct phone interviews immediately, and follow with a collection of documentation and live interviews. (For internal Amana applicants we will review the completion of their current file and go directly to the face-to-face interview.) For more information, please visit our web site at www.amanaacademy.org.
School Contact Info
285 South Main Street
Alpharetta, GA 30009