- Partner Schools
- New England
- Greenfield, MA
FOUR RIVERS JOB POSTING:
9TH/10TH MATH TEACHER
JOB DESCRIPTION: Four Rivers Charter Public School is seeking outstanding candidates for an anticipated opening as Math Teacher for grades 9 and 10. Affiliated with EL Education (Expeditionary Learning), Four Rivers is college preparatory and has a clear mission of educating young people for lives of learning and service. This is an opportunity to join a talented and dedicated faculty to continue the development of an exemplary charter public school. Located in Greenfield, MA, Four Rivers enrolls 220 students in grades 7-12 and is in its fifteenth year of operation. In our dynamic, collaborative school, teachers work closely with their colleagues, developing curriculum and helping shape the culture of the school in accordance with the school’s mission and Expeditionary Learning practices of challenging, project-based learning. We are old enough to know what we’re doing and young enough not to be too set in our ways.
- Successful experience teaching Math to high school students, with a minimum of three years in a public high school preferred.
- Strong background in algebra and geometry, as demonstrated through academic preparation, professional experience, and personal interests; strong skills with computer technology. Experience integrating Math with other subjects is a significant plus.
- Massachusetts certification or “highly qualified” status in high school Math preferred; or readiness to become “highly qualified” by having an undergraduate degree or coursework in the subject and by passing the Massachusetts teacher tests in the first six months.
- Genuine interest in and connection with adolescents.
- Personal qualities that exemplify the school’s emphasis on character development and community
- Appreciation for the Expeditionary Learning (EL) design model -- commitment to develop curriculum and implement EL core practices, including in-depth learning expeditions.
- Experience, training and interest in teaching a range of abilities in heterogeneously classes – background in differentiated instruction would be a significant asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to teamwork, and readiness to reflect and grow.
- Energy, flexibility, and sense of adventure required to work hard in a young school..
- Strong subject area background. Highly qualified or ready to get qualified. Experience preferred.
- Enthusiasm for the school’s mission and its themes of nature, technology and community and understanding of the school’s responsibilities as a charter public school.
How to Apply:
- Send a cover letter, resume, statement of qualifications, and references promptly to Leslie Taylor, Administrative Coordinator (email@example.com)
- The statement of qualifications should express how the applicant believes he or she meets the qualifications included above or is in other ways qualifiable for the position.
- Application deadline: as soon as possible. Our process is rolling – we make an offer when we find the right match.
For more information
About the school: www.fourriverscharter.org
About Expeditionary Learning: www.elschools.org
About Massachusetts charter schools: www.masscharterschools.org or www.doe.mass.edu/charter