- Partner Schools
- New England
- Greenfield, MA
FOUR RIVERS JOB POSTING:
11TH/12TH MATH TEACHER
JOB DESCRIPTION: Four Rivers Charter Public School is seeking outstanding candidates for our 11th/12th Grade Math Teacher. Affiliated with Expeditionary Learning, Four Rivers is college preparatory and has a clear mission of educating young people for lives of learning and service. This is an opportunity to join a talented and dedicated faculty to continue the development of an exemplary charter public school. Located in Greenfield, MA, Four Rivers enrolls 220 students in grades 7-12 and will be entering its 16th year of operation. In our dynamic, collaborative school, teachers work closely with their colleagues, developing curriculum and helping shape the culture of the school in accordance with the school’s mission and expeditionary learning practices of challenging, project-based learning. We are old enough to know what we’re doing and young enough not to be too set in our ways.
- Successful experience teaching Math to high school students, with a minimum of three years in a public high school preferred.
- Strong background in algebra, algebra 2, data analysis, pre-calculus, and calculus, as demonstrated through academic preparation, professional experience, and personal interests; strong skills with computer technology. Experience integrating Math with other subjects is a significant plus.
- Massachusetts certification or “highly qualified” status in high school Math preferred; or readiness to become “highly qualified” by having an undergraduate degree or coursework in the subject and by passing the Massachusetts teacher tests in the first six months.
- Genuine interest in and connection with adolescents.
- Personal qualities that exemplify the school’s emphasis on character development and community
- Appreciation for the EL Education design model -- commitment to develop curriculum and implement EL core practices, including in-depth learning expeditions.
- Experience, training and interest in teaching a range of abilities in heterogeneously classes – background in differentiated instruction would be a significant asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to teamwork, and readiness to reflect and grow.
- Energy, flexibility, and sense of adventure required to work hard in a young school..
- Strong subject area background. Highly qualified or ready to get qualified. Experience preferred.
- Enthusiasm for the school’s mission and its themes of nature, technology and community and understanding of the school’s responsibilities as a charter public school.
How to Apply:
- Send a cover letter, resume, and references promptly to Leslie Taylor, Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org). The cover letter should express how the applicant believes he or she meets the qualifications included above.
- Application deadline: as soon as possible. Our process is rolling – we make an offer when we find the right match.